welcome to hell

─── WELCOME TO HELL
(⌗ ♥︎! )一 gilmore girls

         Jess Mariano never planned on leaving New York City

Jess Mariano never planned on leaving New York City. He planned on leaving his crappy apartment, and maybe Liz at some point, but he never planned on living anywhere other than the city he grew up in.

That had been the case until the woman who gave birth to him decided to kick him out.

If it had been his choice, Jess would have moved out and tried to find somewhere to live. He was months away from turning 18, and it's not like Liz would have stopped him. But no, instead, she decided to kick him out and made him move to the small town she grew up in, deciding he would live with Luke, his mother's younger brother, who Jess had only met once when he was too young to remember.

That's the reason why Jess Mariano currently sits in the back of the third bus he had to take to get to Stars Hollow, clutching onto the only bag he brought with him, which was filled with more books than clothes or things he actually needs, close to his chest. His attention was on the paperback in his hand, but he still noticed, as they got closer to the small town, that he was the only person left on the bus, other than the driver.

Once the driver announced they reached Stars Hollow, Jess looked out the same window he had used to rest his back the whole ride.

Stars Hollow, from a passerby view, was too small and colorful. It was the kind of small-town horror movies take place in. The type of town that looks beautiful from the outside, but from the inside, the extra cheerful residents creep you out. Jess wondered if he was about to step into a horror film. If he was about to be the character who discovers the town spent years getting brainwashed by the mayor or something like that.

Jess looked at the colorful buildings and smiling people with suspicious eyes. Everything seemed too perfect, which meant his mother had sent him to live in his version of hell.

Liz must really hate him to send him there.

For as long as he could remember, Jess listened to the woman's stories, where she told him how much she hated that town. She once told him she would never regret leaving it behind, and now she sent him there.

She must really hate him.

The bus rolled to a stop before he even noticed it. Jess sighed and got to his feet, closing the book and tucking it into his bag. He could see his uncle standing by the bus stop waiting for him. Of course, he is waiting for him. Liz probably told him all sorts of lies about Jess, making him believe he would likely try to run away if he had the chance.

I mean, Jess did think of running away. He thought of staying with his friends in New York, yet, for some reason, he went to the bus station and got into that bus. He thought about getting out at every single stop. He knew he could manage to start over by himself, yet he didn't try to get up from his seat once. He stayed on that bus, got onto the correct next bus, and made it to Stars Hollow.