Chapter Fourty Seven

Start from the beginning

Hermione nods her head, "Go on, then."

"Ready, Fred."

"Ready, George."

"Bottoms Up!"

As one, they tip a gooey green liquid onto their tongues and, with great drama, cross the golden line enctroting the Goblet. As they drop their names, everyone Waits...And waits.

Fred and George grin, high five each other.

Sirius sighs, "I love them."

Suddenly they are ejected high in the air, out of the circle, and flat onto their backs, whereupon Little White Beards
Sprout on their chins.

The great hall rang with laughter. Even Fred and George joined in, once they had gotten to their feet and taken a good look at each other's beards.

Suddenly the great hall went silent.
Hermione looks up and sees what has silenced them:

Victor Krum.

He drops his name, glances at her, briefly, then lowers his head and slouches away. Hermione watches him go briefly, then turns back to her book.

Primrose raises a brow and nudges Hermione.

[The Camera Drifts to the Goblet Of Fire, dancing with Flames, and fades out to the goblet later that night]

The House tables crackle with anticipation, At the Tall Table, the staff waits, Moody among them. Dean Thomas dashes up to the Gryffindor table.

"Did you hear! Not a single student from Beauxbatons submitted their name."

"What!"

Harry and Ron glanced at the Ravenclaw table, where Cho sits next to an empty seat. Ron looks crestfallen.

"They've gone home!?!"

Hermione looks down at her book, unbothered, "Can't say I'm surprised.
Those girls were just a tad high-strung if you ask me."

Suddenly there is a Stir at the back of the hall and the Beauxbatons girls, chins held high, stride single-fie into the room, past the House tables, and up to the Goblet of Fire where one after another they deposit their names.

As a final flourish, one of them casts a handful of Pixie Dust into the Goblet, which issues a Pink Cloud of Rose Petals.

The Hall rings with whistles and cheers.
Ron beams.

"Oh, for crying out loud."

Ron grins, "I love it when they do this.."

Hermione turns to him confused, "Do what?"

"You know... walk together."

"Thank you, ladies, of Beauxbatons, for that enjoyable bit of theatre. Now... the moment has arrived."