𝐗𝐈. just a slave

Start from the beginning

"you think i'm your slave?" doo scoffed, sticking his hands into his pockets. "you know how much i spent on you? beggars should have some respect."

the boxer got up from his seat, the chair he was sitting on saved from tumbling to the floor by deok-su's lightning reflexes.

"what'd you say? are you fucking nuts?" zack said lowly, voice laced with thick rage. "come here."

deok-su winced at the mention of 'come here', which he definitely didn't want the other teen to do. gently, he tapped zack's cast, feeling the warmth of the other's fingers against his own cool ones. the bespectacled boy looked expectantly at zack, whose eyes flickered between the two.

"come on guys, friends shouldn't fight." daniel laughed nervously.

"friend?" doo spat venomously as he was held back by his two other goon friends. "what friend? zack has no friends. he thinks everyone is his slave."

deok-su's hand fell almost immediately, retracting back onto his lap as his eyes lost their expectant sheen. the boy hadn't even meant to stop the other from fighting, but his instinct had kicked in — look how well that worked out for him.

"your kind display is getting old. you're nothing but a fighter! you think i enjoyed hanging out with you? it was just out of convenience." doo scoffed.

zack didn't say anything else, but his lips pulled into a small frown as he settled back in his seat, completely ignoring everybody's eyes on him. deok-su almost felt pity for him, but then the remembrance that he was viewed as nothing more than a useful object made his pity dissipate.

"hey —" zack turned to deok-su, only to be met with an icy glare.

"i'm going to sleep." deok-su replied coldly, turning away from the boxer and burying his head in his hands.

so much for opening up.

SO, five people from the architecture and fashion departments found themselves face to face in their entangled adventure.

kil deok-su, zack lee, and daniel park on one side, kil deok-ja and vasco on the other.

deok-ja stood closely to the taller boy beside her, using him as a personal heater as she faced her brother.

"i thought i told you to be as secretive as possible." she raised an eyebrow at the two other teens tailing behind him.

"we were planning on coming here anyway. deok-su just made it easier by tagging along." zack shrugged, placing a hand on the bespectacled boy's shoulder.

he moved away from his touch, pushing zack's hand off of him.

"don't do that." he warned, shuffling a good distance away.

the boxer frowned and looked down at his casted hand as if it were covered in dirt.

"whatever. come on." the girl shook her head and began walking towards the construction site behind them.

making dramatic entrances had always been deok-ja's favorite. the thrill of power she felt entering the room, shocking everyone, was certainly an adrenaline rush.

that was why, as the biggest plot twist was revealed (doo and taejoon had been working with daehoon and were doing it for more views), she decided it was the best time to interfere.

"let's go, punks." she grinned back at the four guys, grabbing deok-su by the arm to prevent him from running off last minute at the sight of confrontation.

a bald, twig-like man caught sight of the group first, yelling at them and alerting everyone else.

"we're here to collect those idiots." deok-ja announced, pointing over at doo and taejoon with disinterest.