𝐈𝐗. spare my hands

Start from the beginning

zack turned to face the boy, his eyebrows rising in surprise. usually, the boxer was the one to initiate conversation, and since he wasn't very good at it, they hardly spoke.

"hm? oh, sure." was his confused response, before he turned to talk with the others.

finally, sighed deok-su in content as he snuggled into himself, leaning his head against the cool window and letting his eyes flutter shut. they're not bothering me anymore.

and he didn't dare open his eyes, even when the conversation slowly unraveled into quiet whispers recounting his frightening fighting abilities, under the impression that deok-su was deeply asleep.

still, better them talking about him then actually talking to him.

THAT FEELING WAS BACK. it chilled deok-ja's bones and swam uncomfortably around her stomach, stirring up the food she'd eaten earlier for breakfast.

eyes on her, following her every move — stuck to her like glue on paper.

"i'll need to check your bag, so please open it up for me." the instructor standing before her asked kindly, his expression perfectly sculpted into a pleasant smile.

it must have taken a while to perfect, but deok-ja saw right through his mask, watching as his eyes flickered down to inspect her 'bag'. clearly, he wasn't looking at the bag, because when he looked back up at her, his expression faltered slightly at the sight of her eyes boring into his.

"no alcohol, right? did you check everything you needed to? i'm kind of in a hurry." she asked, raising her eyebrows expectantly as he drew himself backup to his full height.

"and your phone?" he tilted his head, watching her through deep brown irises.

"it broke, so i didn't bring it." deok-ja shrugged.

"oh, really?" he hummed, and deok-ja stared at the name tag clipped to his shirt. "then how were you planning to contact your family?"

"my brother's here with me." deok-ja replied, her voice much more airy than before.

then, as dumbly as she could make herself look, she lowered her eyes in mock sadness.

"he's the only family i have." she muttered quietly under her breath, making sure the words were loud enough for the instructor to hear.

"i'm sorry for bringing it up." the instructor named zeus quickly dipped his head, patting her shoulder with a kind smile. "you can go catch up to your friends now."

with the fakest smile deok-ja had ever plastered on her face, she nodded and slung her bag over her shoulder, rushing to catch up to the rest of the students.

every cell in her entire being was on fire, unpleasantly burning her skin and making her grit her teeth. it swirled to the spot where the instructor had placed his hands on her, and deok-ja had never had to restrain herself from pummeling someone to the ground as much as she did for him.

when she finally caught up to a very drained deok-su, she tugged on his arm and brought him down to whisper lowly.

"that zeus instructor, there's something up with him." deok-ja muttered, both keeping their eyes ahead as to not look suspicious.

"you felt it too? he smiled at all the prettier girls and acted hostile towards the guys." deok-su nodded. "i'll keep an eye out in case he does anything weird."

"me too. i acted like i was a fucking idiot, so he might think of me as an easy target. that is, if he really is after the girls." deok-ja snarled.

"just be careful." deok-su sighed, and deok-ja only wrapped her arm around her shoulder with a grin.