A comforting hug

(This is based off one of my favorite memories with one of my friends)

(Sorry this is so short lol)

(Cute platonic love between Mario and David we never got in the show)

Mario sat in David's garden, he had been told to not to go into it but so had the others so had decided to go into the garden to avoid the others, he wasn't upset with them, but they were being so loud he had to leave the guild hall, they had gotten so loud his ears had started ringing, it had only happened a few times before but never that bad, the best he could do was go to a quiet area and the garden was the quietest place on the island so he had come here to catch his breath, Mario was sitting on a bench about halfway through the garden, suddenly Mario heard a shout, glancing up from where he was staring, the ravenette spotted David storming over to him angrily well holding plant in his arms, Mario sighed and stood up, crossing his arms and waiting for the impending argument, once David reached him he seemed as though he was going to start shouting, an annoyed look on his face, obviously peeved that someone had came into the garden without permission or supervision but he hesitated, a look of worry crossing his and his sons face, David set plant down and shooed him off to go play before he stood again and made eye contact with the dragon slayer "You look like a corpse, are you okay man?" he asked awkwardly, Mario raised an eyebrow, before sighing "the others were too loud, I don't know why but it made me feel weird and hurt my head" Mario narrowed his eyes at the ground, he didn't know why he was telling the ice devil slayer this, he thought David wouldn't tease him for it but you never knew with him, Mario looked back up at the ice devil once he heard him clear his throat, to the dragon slayers surprise David opened his arms, offering his friend a hug, Mario sighed and put his head down before he took a couple steps forward, once Mario was within reach David wrapped his arms around his shoulders, Burying his face into Davids shoulders and relaxing, Mario wrapped his own arms around David, relaxing into the hug, after a few moments they pulled away and David led Mario over to the bench, sitting down with his friend by his side and beginning to talk to Mario about whatever came to mind, after a few minutes they were laughing and talking about fond stories from when they had both started at the guild. 

The two spent the rest of the day talking in the garden, just enjoying each other's presence.