...Dreaming of Her...

...

I thought thinking straight was hard, but damn falling asleep tonight with every thought coming in and out of my head was harder. Eventually I did fall asleep, to find myself in a familiar atmosphere of a dream:

---

I walked across the road filled with merchants and bystanders, debating what to spend my precious coins on for food. I wasn't a picky eater, but in an unfamiliar town like this I couldn't tell what or who to trust.

I figured I'd go for a light meal, consisting of grains and an apple. Now I just need to find who to buy from.

Looking led me to meet eyes with a rather attractive woman, and obviously I just had to talk to her. Cause I'm Y/N, and I have the confidence of an ugly guy that thinks he's attractive.

I made my way to the stand she was running, which to my luck had fresh fruits of strawberries and apples.

Y/N: Hi, can I just grab a pack of strawberries and 2 apples?
Pretty woman: Of course, sweetheart.

She said with a smile pressed on her lips.

Pretty women: Might I add, you are a very pretty lady.

She says while packing a small bag for me, shyly which grows a smirk to my lips.

Y/N: Yeah? I think you're really pretty too.

She giggles softly while she finishes packing my requests in a bag.

Pretty woman: It's on the house for you, dear.
Y/N: I really appreciate it, love.

I put the small bag in my pouch for safe keepings and continue to conversate.

Y/N: Hey, do you think-?
???: Ew, it's so obvious your flirting and it's making me feel uncomfortable. The both of you need to get help or get away from my stand.

An older man with a miserable frown says from the stand right next to us says with visible judgement in his eyes.

Pretty woman: Oh, no I wasn't-
???: Save it, Harper you're so obvious. I knew the day you set up your stand next to mine, and it is disgusting. The both of you should have shame in yourselves for even thinking about it.
Y/N: Listen, can we just forget about all of this. We weren't flirting, just merely complimenting one another. You know, woman to woman.
???: Yeah right. Fag.

The man whispers the word just loud enough for the both of us to hear it. Usually I don't find use in conflict but damn this one is pissing me off.

Y/N: You know what, I think I'm just gonna go.

I flip off the man, and turn to the girl and quickly label my tone as a whisper.

Y/N: You should close shop down early, cause shit is about to get real.

I say with a wink before I make my way back to the road of merchants and bystanders.

I watch closely as she closes up the shop, until I make my way back to the old man right when she finishes up. My target is the lantern beside him, shining a glowing fire in the setting sun. Immediately I knock down the lantern, which sets ablaze to the clothe he was selling.

At this moment I didn't care that I wasn't invisible, or slick with it. I wanted this man to know it was me that burns his little shop down. Until the guards came running towards the scene.

I do however slip into the crowd, until the man in anger points out to "get the fag." I speed walk my way to the forest, and bolt away as fast as I can for a hiding spot I can settle in until the chaos is over.

Not minutes went by till I was stopped by a woman, who suddenly appears in front of me. My fast pace doesn't stop fast enough and I end up slamming right into this mysterious person.

New girl: Oh my gosh, I didn't think you were gonna trip over me.

She says after our tumble onto the floor.

Y/N: Well, I didn't think you were gonna appear out of no where!
New girl: Ugh fair. Why are you running?
Guards: I think I heard someone over there!
Y/N: Because of them, can you help me??
New girl: Them? Please just hide in the trees.
Y/N: Are you serious, how am I-

Before I knew it this girl picks me up, as if I weighed nothing and launches straight up into a thick branch of trees. It wasn't super high up, but just far enough to not be seen or heard. I was thrilled, and confused as I saw the guards running past where we had been before.

Y/N: You can't be serious.

Were the first words I can mutter out as the guards ran along. I turn to the girl who had the most breathtaking smile I've ever seen.

Y/N: Who are you..?
???: My name is Diane, and you?
Y/N: In love..I think.

---

Diane: Y/N? Y/N?? Wake up, I miss you and I'm needy with a hangover.
Y/N: Hmm?
Diane: I'm needy. Awaken.
Y/N: Diane?
Diane: Y/N?
Y/N: Nothing, just in love.