i tried to think real hard of who he was. "amari miller-jones." he added. "OHHH. THE WEIRD KID." i accidentally said. he scrunched up his face at me. "damn." i whispered to myself. "nah it's cool. i aint into that shit anymore" he awkwardly smiled.

"i really got to go get this food to my brother but come on." i offered for him to walk with me. he threw away his food and grabbed his bag from the chair.

we started walking together and just chatting. "what you been up to?" he asked me. "shitt. whole lot." i shrugged. "what about your cousin?" he added. i raised my eyebrow because i was surprised he still remembered him.

"he's doing very good. he pursued his rapping career." i explained. amari widened his eyes in shock. "i'm sure you've heard of him." i added.

"he go to be one of them big time rappers" amari shrugged. "he iss!" i added. we were getting close to my apartment, at this point. i quickly ran inside to give damiir his food and came back out to amari.

"one of them drill rappers?" amari said im shock. i nodded and laughed. "i can get him if you want." i shrugged. he nodded, so i ran across the street to darrians mom's apartment and yelled his name.

"WHAT?" he yelled sticking his head out the window. "WHY YOU BRINGING FANS TO MY PLACE, BRO!?" he yelled at me. "THATS AMARI." i yelled back. amari was looking mad worried and he crossed his arms.

"WHO AMARI?" he yelled at me, sticking his head further out the window. i pointed to my side and he squinted his eyes, to get a better look. "ya. i do not know." he added.

"yo should i be offended." amari sighed. "nah." darrian laughed. "gimme a sec." darrian added. he put his head back inside and closed the window.

we sat on the stoop of darrian's apartment and was just talking. "what high school you go to?" he asked me. "harlem hill." i answered. "i go to midwood." he told me.

i nodded my head and then darrian came busting through the doors. "aye wassup." darrian dapped me up. he sat down beside me and was just staring at amari.

"you amari monroe?" he asked him. "no.." amari sighed. "amari jones?" darrian added. amari nodded his head slowly. "you still into that weird shit?" darrian asked him, scrunching up his face.

i nudged him in his arm, causing him to slap my back. "nah." amari answered him. it was getting mad awkward so i had to say something to strike conversation, "yeah, so this the lil rapper. tell him about it, darrian." i awkwardly laughed.

"you rap?" darrian asked amari. "yeah, dropped my first single two weeks ago." amari answered truthfully. "nah you cant do that, you gotta put out teasers, it'll make em want it dropped. then set the date back, draw more people in." darrian went on.

amari widened his eyes and nodded his head. "i only got like 563 streams right now." amari shrugged. "whats yo insta, i'ma hit you up." darrian said pulling out his phone.

he never this willing to help someone out. it take him a while to even trust someone. maybe cause he met this boy before, i dont know. "real.kno." amari said.

"aight got you." darrian nodded. "i got to go, but i like this kid. yo music fire." darrian raised his eyebrows. i listened to the music and nodded in agreement.

darrian got up and went back inside his apartment. "i remember in eight grade you was talking about this ethan kid?" amari asked me randomly. "oh, yeah." i nodded.