1

(y/n pov)

~

"Hurry up (y/n) we're gonna be late to school!"

My eyes instantly opened as I shot out of bed. "Shit, my alarm didn't go off!', I whisper-shouted to myself. I scrambled around my room trying to collect everything I needed. Sprinting down the stairs brushing my hair, I looked to my kitchen to see Nick standing there.

"(Y/n)!", he exclaimed. "Nice outfit.", he commented, leading me to realize I hadn't changed out of my pajamas. I gave him a playful smack on the head. "Shut up Nick, at least I'm here semi-on time." With that, we started our walk to school.

Nick and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. Our parents have been best friends since their highschool days. Our families are so close we even share a summer house. Since this is Nick and I's senior year, our parents are selling the house. I've decided that as this is our last summer at that house, we have to make it our best one yet.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Arriving at school I can already see our friends Tanner and Larry sitting in front of the building. When Tanner notices me and Nick he runs over to Nick and pretends to give him a kiss on the lips. "What took you so long babe, I missed you.", Tanner said while twirling a non-existent strand of hair in front of his face. Nick playfully pushed him away and let out a small chuckle. "Why don't you ask (y/n) over here?"
"It wasn't my fault! My stupid alarm didn't go off." I said, trying to defend myself.
"It's fine (y/n), at least we made it on time. Let's just go to class." Nick suggested, probably trying to make me feel better. "True, I guess. I'll see you all later." I replied as I started walking towards the entrance of the school.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

I strolled into class, sitting next to my other friends, Isaac and Blake.
"(Y/n), finally! Now that you're here you can settle this debate me and Blake have been having." Isaac said, giving him an annoyed look.
"Okay (y/n) be honest, do you think hotdogs are sandwiches?" Blake inquired.
My eyes went between the two of them, trying to process the question I was just asked.
"You guys can't be serious. It's 8 A.M. and this is the shit you're talking about?"
Isaac laughed lightly and smiled at me. "You shouldn't be surprised at this point. We do this almost every day."

Blake turned his head towards me. "Well (y/n) if you don't enjoy our conversation topics, what would you like to talk about?", he asked in a playfully mocking way.
"How about the fact school is about to end? I mean, isn't it crazy that we're graduating in less than a week?", I asked, basically thinking out loud.
Isaac looked as though something had just clicked in his head "Shit (y/n), you're right. I'm gonna miss you dumbasses."
Blake nodded, silently agreeing. "It'll be weird not seeing you guys every day."

I sat quietly for a minute, concocting an idea in my head.
"I have an incredible idea. What if you both come to the summer house with me and Nick? It'll be our last year to use it anyway, so why not come while we still have it?" I suggested excitedly.
"That's... actually not a bad idea at all." Isaac replied, grinning.
I pulled out my phone to text Nick. "I'll tell Nick to invite Larry and Tanner too."
I sighed contentedly. This is definitely gonna be the best summer ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(507 words)

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter ! This is my first fic so lmk what you think so far !!