00. jelly & jun

someone gave me these
clothes—i can't remember
who. my mind's a total blank,
but i just can't forget about
you.

"Are you sure that you'll be able to watch the house by yourselves this summer?"

Yeonjun and Jukyung stood in front of their parents, practically begging on their knees to let them take over the beach house. The two of them have been planning to take over the house with just them and their group of friends. They even solidified a rooming plan without consulting the others but they were just too excited.

"Of course! When have we ever trashed the house? Never! Right, Junnie?" Jukyung said, nudging her cousin by his side.

He only nodded, "Jelly and I will take care of the house and make sure nothing happens. We're literally in our twenties now,"

Their parents looked at each other with unsure expressions on their face. They were aware that their kids were at the right age to take over the house, yet they knew that they were still children at heart. With them being known as the Jelly and Jun duo of their family, they knew that it would be a mess between pair. It made them feel slightly uneasy. Their expression caused the pair to clasp their hands together in a praying gesture. Jukyung reached out to her parents hands, "Please? What if this is the last summer we have before we go our separate ways?"

Juhee looked at her daughter who was now pleading with puppy eyes. Glancing at her sister, who was also being hugged by Yeonjun, she caved and sighed. She grabbed Jukyung and Yeonjun by the hand and dragged them to the couch. She sat the two down while she sat down.

"Fine, you two may have the house," She surrendered, causing her husband and her sister to gasp, "but only under our rules!"

"Yes! What're they? Name them and we'll do anything and everything to not disappoint you," Jukyung cheered, holding onto Yeonjun's forearm. Yeonjun was clenching his fist to contain his excitement but the possibility of finally getting the house was taking over.

Juhee exchanged looks with her husband, Junoh. Yeonjun's mother excused herself to get a glass of water in the kitchen. She was unprepared for the decision her sister may be concluding. Juhee looked at her daughter and then at Yeonjun who also shared the same expression of excitement on their faces.

She gestured for Junoh to speak to which he cleared his throat, "I don't want anything in this house to be broken when we check on it at the end of the summer. If anything and I mean anything is broken, they'll be coming out of your paychecks."

"And I do not care if you throw any parties but I swear to God if the police ever gets involved for drugs—you two will never set foot in this house again." Yeonjun's mother yelled from the kitchen.

"You two will be in charge of keeping your guests happy and you will be the managers for the Restaurant Cabana. If you two get to lounge here for free, you will be making use of your time, got it?" Juhee responded, giving the pair a stern look to make sure they understood.