Chapter 6: Hate Me

Start from the beginning

"True but..." Rindo glanced at her doubtfully, "Are you suggesting entering gang territory by yourself?"

"I mean, what else I'm supposed to do, Haitani?" She groaned once more and rubbed her temples, "I don't want you to be around but I can't get through this situation fast enough without risking my safety."

"Quite bold for how you treat me and Ran," he mockingly spoke but held an amused smirk.

"Shut up, you know what I mean," she muttered, "I am very aware that you and your brother might kill me and that you're the whole 'Kings of Roppongi' or whatever... But it's much different initiating a possible fight rather than retaliating. I'll be going in there knowing that I signed a contract to my death."

"How about I join you?" He simply asked and shrugged his shoulders.

"Huh?" Her face morphed into one that questioned his stupidity. He can't be serious, "No, obviously not! That would defeat the whole purpose and they won't say anything. The only difference is that a random girl entered the conversation."

"But what you're scared of is being attacked, yeah?" He quirked a confused brow at her, "I'll add an extra condition to the agreement then. Whenever you go out and help me get closer to those assholes, I won't let them hurt you."

At that, it was her turn to narrow her eyes at him suspiciously, "Wow, didn't expect you to be nice."

"Take it before I take it off the table completely, (l/n)," he rolled his violet eyes and leaned over to flick her forehead but she swatted his hand away at the last second, "I don't want to be around you either but this whole scheme will be pointless if you were injured and unable to communicate for me. So the faster we get this done, the faster I don't have to see your ugly ass face."

An irk mark came to surface but she bit her tongue to stop herself from making any rude comments before he takes back what he said. After all, he promised he will protect her in exchange and that was an awfully unexpected thing to do.

"Fine," she mumbled, "Thanks, I guess, but how is this gonna work? You can't exactly get near them or they would still be intimidated."

"That's the thing, I can only do so much," he suddenly grinned and that instilled fear in her. Anxiety started to trickle into her system and she gulped, "You have to do most of the work. I'll lead you to the gangs but I'll stop just before they could see me."

(Y/n) hastily stood up and unintentionally slammed her hands on her desk from her distress as Rindo's smirk only grew more. She was lucky that she arrived to school early and no one besides the two were in her homeroom to experience her ruckus.

"H-How is this protecting me?" She stammered as her (e/c) eyes showed the terror she felt before— when all she could think about were the scenarios of entering gang territory alone.

"What? Where did that sharp tongue of yours go, (l/n)?" The blonde said and grinned widely at her silence. She closed her mouth and knew where he was getting at, "You survived this long insulting my brother and I. Can't you just do the same?"

She knew he was provoking her but she kept her mouth pressed into a thin line. It was hypocritical of her to think that the Haitani brothers won't do the same— or even worse— of the horrendously painful scenarios she managed to conjure up. She was just lucky that they either didn't care or were waiting for the opportunity to strike.