ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

He slightly scoffed, it was like she spat out each word she said. "I know, there's no girls around here like you."

"Don't sweet talk your way to me, I will slap you."

Malìk understandably nodded, "I know, I'm not trying to sweet talk my way to you. I need to let you know what I think, and what I should've have said from the beginning." Dahliä side eyed him, as he began to prepare himself to talk to her.

"Dahliä," He took her hand gently, still wary if the girl might hurt him, he placed her hand on his heart. "I apologize to you, I should have let you know about her, it's my fault. I understand if you don't want to talk to me."

It all went silent again, sat in silence as her hand was against his chest, feeling his chest. It was just like their first kiss.

"Ok, I accept your apology." He raised a brow, his heart skipped a beat, that was surprising. "You do?" Dahliä took her hand away, and nodded as she got up, "Mhm. I do." Malìk kept his eye on her as he got up.

"Are you going to punch me?" He asked, his tail waggled slightly in curiosity, patiently waiting for an answer. Dahliä licked her teeth, "No." A small surprised scoff escaped his mouth, as Malìk nodded. "I'm happ-!"

Dahliä kicked his chest, his precious chest that was always getting kicked or hit by her, he grunted as he hit the ground. "That's for not telling me." Malìk almost seemed to struggle to breathe, before he mentally slapped himself in the face, he only said punch, not kick. "I deserved that..."

"I know you did, skxawng." Finally a playful smirk appeared on her face, he smiled through the pain, it was finally nice seeing her not so upset. Pleased with herself, the girl sat back down, "You only got up to kick me?"

"Of course," She rolled her eyes at him, Malìk slowly sat down as he hissed from his chest pain. "I don't know what will happen if Lo'ak doesn't come back." Malìk's eyes softened. "Don't say that, he will come back. I'm sure that he will."

Dahliä scoffed, "You don't know if he will come back or not. I should know, but I got distracted, you distracted me." Malìk blinked at her comment, completely taken back, he did not see this coming.

"Long before I even met you, I promised myself I would protect my family till the day I meet with Eywa," She growled through her words, Malìk just listened to know, not knowing if he should say something. "I get distracted by you, and my brother is lost at sea, with nobody with him. No way of returning back to us."

"W-Wait, it's my fault?"

"Yes! It's all your fault! You've distracted me! You've made me soft, and stupid! You made me actually care what people think, I don't care what people think!" His brows furrowed, "People or me?"

Dahliä rolled her eyes, clenching onto her knife, "Do you care about what people think or what I think? Dahliä, why are you scared of liking me?"

The girl's growling only grew with that question, she didn't know what to think or say. Dahliä pushed him away from her, finally clenching onto the knife, and pointing it towards him with a hiss.

Dahliä," Malìk reached his hand out towards her, "I'm not scared of you."

"You should be!"