Chapter 5

Kamek hovers to my left, and Bowser stands to my right. "Oh, goodness you're awake already! I thought that spell would've held long enough for your fever to dissipate." Kamek says putting his hand to my forehead. "I would like to formally apologize for my behavior earlier. I had no idea you had been through so much." He says. I look at him confused. How would he know? "I know because my magic is just a touch more powerful than yours, dear. That being said, it's only natural I can read minds." My eyes widen. "So, you saw my flashback?" I question weakly. He nods and motions for Bowser to follow him out into the hall, probably to have a private conversation. I hear faint mumbling for a while before they both re-enter and appear to have come to an agreement on something.

"Y/n, it has come to my attention that you are quite gifted with magic, but are still a novice in some aspects. If it's alright with you, I'd like to make you my apprentice, and train you to hopefully take your revenge one day?" His kind expression quickly turns to a wicked grin once he speaks of getting revenge. I think for a moment, 'I know how to channel my powers, but I've only mastered one spell. And my staff is still in the mushroom kingdom with... holy crap! I totally forgot about Lia!'  I'm interrupted from my thoughts for a moment, and I turn to Kamek. "I will accept your offer on one condition. My staff is still in the mushroom kingdom with my friend Lia. She was in on the assassination plan, but obviously things backfired, and I wasn't gonna rat her out. If you can help me get Lia out of there, and get my staff back, I will become your apprentice." Bowser then steps forward, "And how do we know that we can trust this Lia person? To be frank, I don't quite trust you yet." He says, eyeing me suspiciously. 

"How can you be frank? You're dad!" A young voice pipes up from behind Bowser's wide frame, and Jr. pops up out of nowhere. I giggle at his joke and he looks at me and beams. Bowser looks down at his son with an annoyed but amused expression. "I don't know who you are, but if you've got a sense of humor half as good as mine, you're alright in my book!" Jr. says climbing up the side of my bed, which is three times his height, to be face to face with me. He clambers into my lap and grabs my face with his tiny hands, looking me over. Then he lets me go and looks over his shoulder at his dad and whispers very loudly, "dad! you should marry this one instead, they're way more prettier than that annoying princess you keep stealing." Bowser and I both flush red and I hear Kamek snicker. "Alright son, that's enough, why don't you go play with your siblings? I think Wendy and Roy are home." Bowser says, lifting the tiny prince off of me and carrying him out the door. 

Kamek and I sit in silence for a few minutes before my stomach breaks it with the most humiliating and loudest growl ever. My face heats up even more and Kamek chuckles, "It's nothing to be ashamed of dear, you haven't had anything to eat in three days." He says, soothingly rubbing my shoulder. My head snaps up, "I've been asleep for two days?!" He nods and pushes my head back onto the pillow. "Easy dear, you're still recovering. Try not to overexert yourself. I'll have a meal sent up here so you don't have to get out of bed or even lift a finger." He says vanishing after he finishes his sentence to go to, i'm assuming the kitchen. I try to get comfortable in my bed and rest my eyes before I see my door open and close, but don't see anyone enter. I do however, her tiny footsteps patter on the carpet and the see a tiny claw reach up and grab hold of the comforter. I smile and reach over to help Jr. up, gently grabbing his hand and hoisting him up. He stares at me blankly for a bit before squirming out of my hands and pointing a claw at me, "Alright here's the deal. My dad is lonely, but he'll never admit it to my face. And you looks lonely too. And the cherry on top of all this is I hate that stupid whiny princess he keeps stealing. Everyone does! But we can never say anything, cause he's obsessed with her, so I'm thinking you marry dad and everyone is happy! Whadya say?" Now it's my turn to stare at him blankly. I thought I was the one who rambled a lot but jeez! Jr. taps his foot impatiently on my lap and narrows his eyes at me. "Hey are you gonna say anything?" I choke on my words before staring at him incredulously,