𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Wook sipped the tea as he and Mu Deok observed the man work around his little hovel.

The night before had been terrifying, with the sudden storm and the appearance of this stranger. He had pulled water out of the air and had turned it into an icicle, pointing it at Mu Deok who had remained blissfully asleep in the corner of the hovel. Wook was still surprised that he had managed to survive the short duel that had commenced.

Jipsu. Ryusu. Chisu.

The man—Master Lee—had perfected all three breathing techniques. Wook coughed down the tea as the Master dried his clothes. He mumbled in awe, "I could have died."

He could have died and Gaeun would've brought him back just to kill him again.

Patting down his clothes in satisfaction, Master Lee glanced momentarily at Wook before zeroing down on the teacup in his hands. "Do not drink that!" He exclaimed, hurrying over. He snatched the empty cup and peered into the equally empty teapot, "You drank the entire pot!?"

Wook blinked, "Yes." Hadn't the man offered to brew him tea just minutes ago?

"Are you okay? Do you feel unwell?"

Mu Deok took the cup from him and sniffed it soundly. "Do you brew poisonous herbs?"

"What—" Wook snatched it back to check himself. He sniffed soundly as Mu Deok and Master Lee talked.

"Not poisonous," the man was saying, "Chaste."

Wook felt as if he had been punched in the stomach. Panicked eyes flitting from the cup and to between his legs, he stammered to see if he had heard correctly, "Cha—chaste?"

Blood rushed into his face. He knew Master Lee was explaining why he brewed the herbs and how it helped with the training. But at this point, Wook could care less about training. He wanted to shove two fingers down his throat and vomit out all the tea, provided his body hadn't absorbed any. If something happened to him—if the tea took effect—Gaeun! What was he going to tell Gaeun—

A sharp elbow to his ribs brought him out of his meltdown. "What are you doing?" Mu Deok hissed, "Greet him properly."

Instead, Wook trembled to his knees and demanded, "Does this mean my libido has been cut off?" Mu Deok slapped her palm over her forehead out of frustration. "Please!" Wook continued to beg rather pathetically, "This can't be happening—Master Lee—!"

"Calm down," Master Lee sighed, "One pot isn't enough."

"Are you sure?" Wook shook the man's tunic aggressively, making him grimace, "Tell me the truth!"

"Yes, yes, I am!" He wrenched himself out of Wook's grip and took a step back. Mercifully, he added, "If you're that worried, I'll make you a tonic to boost it."

Wook nodded, sat back down on the bench, and zoned out again, examining the plainness of his cup. He thought of Gaeun. He thought about how he had thought of her when he woke up alone on the cold cot. And last night before his eyes succumbed to sleep. And on their trek to this hovel. And through the boat ride to this place. And how, perhaps, she did love him after all.

Wook grinned. Gaeun loved him. She had meant what she had said. And he was married to her. He had faked a marriage with the woman he had unknowingly loved for so long only to discover that she felt the same.

His grin widened stupidly. When he came to, he realized that Mu Deok was convincing Master Lee to help him with his training. "Wha...?" He asked dumbly, looking between the two.