He's going to have to tread very carefully, otherwise people will turn on him, and he will retaliate in a cataphoric way that I know he is capable of.

"I need to get revenge."

I guide him out of the cabin and onto the porch. "We will talk about this tomorrow, okay?"

His jaw tenses as he considers my words. His eyes suggest a fear that if he leaves, I may not be here. He's proven before, however, that he is capable of tracking me, even if I used this time to flee far away.

It would be no use though. My leaving would put people in danger, and as much as I hate to admit it, Sire is my mate. I'm going to have to do something about that.

"I will return here tomorrow," he says eventually.

I try not to convey how relieved I am that he is backing off. "Thank you Sire."

He takes a few steps back, holding my gaze. The moment I blink, he gone, having vanished into the air miraculously.

As I stoop down, a pained groan comes from Case.

I help him into sitting position as he cradles the side of his head tenderly, blinking back into conciousness. He allows me to guide him to the couch without much process.

"Who was that?" He asks irritably, watching me bring an icepack to him from my kitchen.

"My mate."

He holds the pack against his head, wincing. "Seriously?"

"I know...It's not easy to understand, but he's come into my life and now I have to make sense of everything," I admit, rubbing the back of my neck.

The problem with entering into a normal relationship is that there is always a chance that one partner will find their mate. At that point, most people forgo their original relationships because there is nothing better than a matebond.

In hindsight, I should have never entered into a relationship with Case to begin with.

"We have worked too hard on our relationship to give up on it," Case breathes.

"I know. But you need to give me time." I need to ensure Sire isn't volatile before deciding how to proceed. Case is right, but I'm not sure now that I have a mate I can continue to be with him.

"Time for you to fall in love with him?" His tone is bitter and cold. I can't blame him.

I squeeze my eyes shut. "No...time for me to figure out what is going on."

"He hit me." He lifts the icepack as a visceral reminder of what Sire is capable of.

"Yeah, his mind is still stuck in the time he came from, where he was a feared Alpha and didn't care about anyone or anything," I mutter. "I'm not sure what's going on in his head, but he sees you as the bad guy, and that's it."

"He might hurt you."

"He won't. That much I'm sure of." I stare down at my hands, wishing I could close my eyes and when I open them, find out this has all been a horrible dream.

A loud knock on the door steals my attention away from Case.

"That better not be him..." I growl, getting up to throw the door open.

It's not Sire. Instead, it's a group of three, tell people who stare me down with vicious gazes. A chill immediately skates a long my skin.

This isn't good...

"Your presence has officially be requested by Alpha Carran. You are required to join us to his estate," a man states, his expression so serious it's unnerving.

"What? Why?"

Carran isn't very present in our Pack. It's such a large one it would be impossible for him to be seen in person by everyone, including me. He does live relatively close by, but I've always avoided public events involving him.

It's not that I hate him...I've just never found him to be a very kind, thoughtful Alpha.

"Please, follow me," the man orders.

"No way!" I stumble back a few steps, glancing back at Case. He looks confused, if not a little dazed. He can't defend me...not in his state.

Two of them step inside, grabbing me before I know what to do with myself. Their grips are strong, impossible to fight my way out of.

"I'm afraid we are not asking," one growls in my ear before something sharp pokes the side of my neck.

Gritting my teeth, I fling my limbs about, trying to shake myself from their grasps. Case just sits on the couch, watching on with fright.

I want to be angry at his inaction, but the edges of my vision are already turning black.

Those bastards drugged me.

They drag me out onto the porch and toward their car, mercilessly tossing me into the back. The moment my head hits the seat, I'm whisked away into unconsciousness.

💚••💚

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading (: I hope you all enjoy this story, and if you want to read ten chapters ahead you can on Radish!

Thanks for reading (:

~Midika 💜🐼