Chapter 52: Face Slapping Fu Shangjun (I)

Start from the beginning

At this time, Ling Xiao suddenly remembered that no matter how amiable and sensitive this guy seemed, he was still someone who has seized power in the top.

Someone who sits up high, would not allow someone else to disobey them.

Ling Xiao silently closed his eyes and then heard Fu Yujun slowly said, “I heard that you made Mo Qi drink that bowl of highly poisonous swallow nest congee?”

Ling Xiao promptly raised his head and discovered that Fu Yujun had resumed his smiling expression, just that his smile was completely ice cold. It did not hold any of his carefree nature, making Ling Xiao become alert as he felt the danger.

“Why are you suddenly asking about that?” Ling Xiao discreetly asked.

Fu Yujun raised an eyebrow and his eyes narrowed from his smile. He turned around to face Ling Xiao, the golden pieces on his clothes clinking at the sudden movement. Those sounds seemed to beat within Ling Xiao’s heart, making his heartbeat sped up, step by step.

Intuition told Ling Xiao that the Fu Yujun in front of him right now was dangerous.

As he expected, Fu Yujun suddenly opened his eyes and said, “I told you before, you cannot harm her life. I still haven’t asked her what I wanted to know. Do you still remember that?”

The flickering light in his eyes were cold and dangerous, Ling Xiao lowered his head out of instinct.

Fu Yujun raised a hand and pressed down on Ling Xiao’s shoulder slightly forcefully, “Since you say you remember, you should always carry it in your heart.”

Fu Yujun’s strength wasn’t light and his shoulder ached dully under his force. Ling Xiao gave a muffled groan and pursed his brows in unease.

Taking in the sight of Ling Xiao’s silent endurement, Fu Yujun’s heart started to pound for some unknown reason. He soften his face, relaxed his grip and let go of Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao stared blankly and raised his eyes to look at Fu Yujun. Fu Yujun looked at himself, also feeling very surprised. However, that surprise flitted by quickly and he only softly sighed. After that, he gazed at Ling Xiao and said, “I will let it go this time. Since she set down that poison herself, she was just asking for trouble. If she is not dead yet, leave her with a hint of life or get the information I want out of her about that secret.”

Ling Xiao’s eyes were filled with doubt at his words and he pursed his lips to ask, “If you wanted to know about that secret that much, then why did you not ask her about it when Mo Qi had stayed here for so long?”

Fu Yujun heard and sneered, looking at Ling Xiao from the side of his eye, “And how do you know whether I asked or not?”

“You asked?” Ling Xiao was surprised.

“Not just once.” Fu Yujun pursed his lips, “When I asked her, I had also tortured her. It’s just that the chamberlain every time was Li Si. That Mo Qi’s mouth was shut tight through it all. But now that I think back, I’m afraid that it was Li Si[1] who was blocking it the entire time.”

Fu Yujun’s face went ice cold as he talked while Ling Xiao’s face became strange as he continued to listen. He said with some bewilderedness, “How come I… never heard about this?”

Fu Yujun gazed at Ling Xiao, his eyes filled with helplessness and love that he himself did not notice, “You would fall asleep in a room after practicing martial arts each time, how would you know what I’ve been doing!”

“……” Ling Xiao thought back and it really was so. Practicing martial arts had no doubt taken all his energy. There wasn’t even time for him to worry about Mo Qi, so how could he pay attention to Fu Yujun?