8. Different But The Same

"I have never seen you Google search something so angrily before."

Kora didn't look up from the computer in front of her as Adelaide made her comment. Instead she continued pressing the keyboard keys gruffly, watching as Google displayed an error message again followed by a suggestion that started with:

'Did you mean...'

'Google acts exactly like a man,' thought Kora. 'It always acts like it knows better than you.'

"Kora, stop for a second..."

Adelaide's words were followed up by her reaching out a hand to put it over the top of hers. Kora let out a sigh as she turned to look at Adelaide beside her.

"What happened between you two?"

"Nothing. He's just...a man."

"Well yes. Anyone with eyes can see that," said Adelaide, causing Kora to laugh weakly.

"It's just...he treats me like some sort of damsel in distress or something. He wants to go back to the site of this murder, but says he can't because he has to protect me. When I said that I could just go with him, he got all weird."

"Weird how?"

"He told me I was being obstinate because I refused to not go with him. He made it feel like it's my fault that he couldn't go back so I was trying to help solve the situation."

"You two argue like you're a married couple or something," commented Adelaide.

For whatever reason, that comment made Kora agitated. She couldn't explain exactly why. She had been wanting to be in a relationship for as long as she could remember and it wasn't that Taehyung wasn't attractive. Kora tuned out her mixed-up feelings to go back to her Google search.

After another minute or so, Kora finally managed to get the search back up that displayed the crime scene, scrolling down through it to look for an address. Needless to say, she couldn't seem to find anything aside from the town name. That would have to work good enough. She grabbed up a napkin someone had left beside the machine, writing the town name down onto it. Adelaide watched her the entire time. There was more she wanted to say, but she could tell Kora didn't want to hear it. For now, she'd have to put all her thoughts on the back burner to be there for her friend.

"Come on, Kora. Let's call it a night. We can figure it all out in the morning," said Adelaide as Kora nodded.

Kora reached a hand forward to shut the monitor off before standing up and following Adelaide back up to their rooms.

- - -

"I'm fine on the floor," insisted Taehyung as he stood next to a pillow on the floor, holding a blanket up to his t-shirted chest.

"There are two king sized beds in this room though," instead Eve as she got into the bed she was sharing with Adelaide.

Kora - who was already sitting up against the headboard in the other bed - looked over at Eve.

"If he wants to sleep on the floor, let him. He's stubborn like that. There's no reasoning with him. Trust me."

Eve watched as Taehyung crinkled his face up a bit, mouthing Kora's words in a mocking way before rolling his eyes and sitting down on the floor. He soon moved to lay on his side.

"Goodnight," he said gruffly before falling completely silent.

Eve sighed as she looked at Kora. It was a look that conveyed that she was out of her mind.