00. ARE YOU DEATH OR PARADISE?

chapter zero - are you death or paradise?

The existence of the League of Assassins was believed by many as a myth. No one is safe from the sword-wielding killers who hide in the shadows. No one can escape or hold off the impending doom of death. It will catch up to you and drag you down to your inevitable end.

The League had it's eye on the world. Harboring information for it's debut to restore balance to the world. Under the leadership of the Demon, Ra's Al Ghul, the members have been bestowed the deadly and ruthless skills to survive and kill your enemy before they have the chance to end you and to serve loyally for the demon.

It was the Devil's Bargain.

Damian Clarke knew about Malcolm Merlyn's sudden disappearance after the death of his late wife. He was young, but the whispers never ceased. Everyone noticed the grief stricken eyes were hardened, a darkness lingering in the depths of Malcolm Merlyn.

He was also suspicious at his many run ins with the CEO. Damian had gotten a janitorial position at Merlyn Global. It wasn't the ideal job, but it gave him just enough to keep a roof over his and his younger brother, Atlas' head.

Malcolm had eyes everywhere. He was aware of the death of Evelyn Clarke and the murder of Anthony Clarke. Malcolm knew the look in Damian's eyes because he once held that look.

Revenge.

He watched closely to the boy, a plot forming inside Malcolm's head. If he have Damian what he strongly desired, he would, no doubt, be indebted to Malcolm. So when the time comes, he would collect his debt.

With Damian in a vulnerable state, it was easy for Malcolm to swoop in and plant the seed that he could help Damian get what he wants. That he knew of a place that would give him strength.

Malcolm knew first-hand how rough and painful the training was for the League of Assassins. He wouldn't throw him in blind. No, for his plan to work, he needed to give Damian the basic skills.

To the public eye, Malcolm was a "god-sent" for helping the poor boy. Malcolm would meet Damian in an abandoned warehouse and he'd teach him how to fight and how to defend himself against any attackers. It wasn't the full League style, but it was enough.

Atlas would often question why his brother came home some days covered in bruises and dried blood on his face. Damian was good at changing the topic, simply saying it was an issue at work but Atlas wasn't dumb. He knew something was suspicious about his brother out all of the time, especially being seen with Malcolm Merlyn.

The younger Clarke brother didn't trust Merlyn. He was a wealthy business man. Why would he pay any attention to an orphaned 18-year old? He had his own son, he didn't need to Damian. Unbeknownst to Atlas, Damian was on a suicide mission and Malcolm would be the one to fund it.

As a couple months went by, Damian was sent off. He believed he was sent to a boarding school, or maybe sent off to a recruiter to join a military. Why would you go to a recruiter in another place?, he thought to himself.

A thousand questions had been racing through his head upon his arrival on Nanda Parbat. He hopped out the helicopter, his gaze locking on what seemed to be a castle. Maybe they brought him to the wrong spot? Before he could even think of returning to the helicopter, it had already ascended into the air, leaving the boy stranded in the middle of nowhere.

He allowed his feet to walk him towards the strange castle. This all seemed to be a cruel joke. He spoke to soon.

Damian paused, raising his hands to show he wasn't a threat as the cold feel of a blade poking at the back of his neck. Any slight wrong movement, he could be dead.

"State your purpose here."

He slowly turned around and locked eyes with a young woman, her eyes cold and the sword unwavering from in front of Damian. He won't lie, he was scared shitless. This was all happening. This wasn't like what Malcolm had showed him.

"I came here to learn your ways." He answered the girl. The warrior stared at him. She pondered whether to believe him or end his life right then and there and go on with her day. As the sword lowered back to her side, it signaled the decision upon his fate.

She beckoned two assassins over who grabbed his arms tightly, bringing him inside the castle.

It would only be a matter of time until the League shattered his very soul into pieces and build the League's greatest assassin in it's ruins.

━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE ! the prologue is finally here ahh !! i originally had A LOT more written but then i decided that it would fit for parts later on but i feel content with this. i can't wait to write sara and damian's dynamic/friendship it's gonna be so chaotic. i also apologize if anything seems out of character, i try my best with any research to try and be as accurate as possible. live laugh damilance <3

. ˚
* *     ⊹ ˚ .   .
⊹ · ✧    * *
.    ⊹ ✦   ✵      *
* .  ·
.

( made by  dorkiest_nerd ! )

( made by dorkiest_nerd ! )