When you burst through the door, Souya was sitting on the couch with Soba and the sudden noise made her jump over him. "Ah geez–"

"Souya Souya! I've just done the best thing I think I've done in a while!" You placed your bag and stuff on the table.

He was picking Soba up so she could avoid clawing up the couch. "What did you do?"

"Okay okay listen!" You ran up to him and immediately started explaining what had happened with Shari. And then included how you got her to stay with your stories from your teenage years. Though you didn't go into too much detail about the things she told you because it was mainly supposed to be confidential. You just mentioned the semi connection to gang activity. And luckily for you, Souya didn't pry into it.

"Who knew that all that fighting would really turn people over..." He said. "But I'm proud of you. Not many people can do that." He looked up at you, "especially telling her about the... darker parts."

You knew he was talking about mentioning Keisuke and in all honesty you didn't expect to do it either. Obviously 12 years going by since he passed was going to alleviate the feeling of needing immediate tears when you thought about him. Maybe if you were still 16 you would've. However, unfortunately, you can't keep crying forever. Even if you still wonder what it would be like if he still stood by your side today.

"It's all good. Hopefully I didn't dump too much onto her. Oh god what if she goes home and thinks her sister is gonna get killed?!"

He blinked, "in the nicest way possible... I think that was a fear in her head before you said anything about that."

"So I made it worse?!" You took a seat on the couch and slumped next to him. "I should've stayed quiet."

"That's not what I meant." He reassured you. "But I think having someone to relate to took the stress off."

You twisted in the seat to face him. "You know what would take away a lot of my stress?" You smiled.

"Y/N–"

"Wait, not like that." You held back a laugh. "We still have like 2 bottles of that really nice wine in the cabinets. Now... why don't we have a great night!"

Now Souya was well aware of his own tolerance but yours was quite different from his. Though he didn't want to admit that his tolerance built up from when he was 16, that was what had happened. He didn't even realize that fact fully until he and Nahoya were at the legal age to drink. They went out and Nahoya damn near passed out and Souya dragged him home.

He also didn't protest because you had already stood up and went off into the kitchen before he could say anything. But if you were this happy, he didn't mind going along with it. Not caring that he'd be the one to take care of you after this rush was all over.

"Souya come here!" He could hear glasses clinking in the background.

"I am."

————
The next morning

"Y/N."

"5 more minutes please..."

"Your mom is calling you."

You shot your head up wearily and blinked open your eyes. A little too quick because you immediately felt dizzy after sitting up. "What–" You screwed your eyes shut and groaned. "Shit. What time is it?"

Souya handed you your phone which was still vibrating. "Almost 12 now. I was going to let you keep sleeping but this is the third one."

"She's called me three times?!" You exclaimed and looked at him, "do I sound as tired as I feel?"