Chapter 41: Crisis Moment

Start from the beginning

In front of the table was a lit incense burner that was gently burning. The smoke surrounded the zither table gave the feeling that this place was a fairyland.

The Emperor watched this scene, his gaze gradually becoming deep.

The man sitting before him was dressed in white with elegant features and fine black hair that lightly fluttered. He looked just like an immortal. But those pure and limpid autumn eyes wandered, landed on him quietly a few times, and left. It tickled his heart.

His grace was clear, charming, and enchanting.

He hadn’t seen the little eunuch for a while and this little eunuch was becoming more and more beautiful.

The Emperor narrowed his eyes, the color of his double-pupil turning slightly darker as he moved forward to the man behind the zither table.

With an echoing “zheng”, Ling Xiao saw that the Emperor was about to walk in front of him, and he stopped his movements. Holding his wound, he got up with difficulty and was just about to salute to the Emperor.

The Emperor helped him up with both hands and pulled Ling Xiao into his embrace.

“Don’t be too polite, your body isn’t well yet. Why are you not resting some more?”

The Emperor seized Ling Xiao’s waist as he said that, his gaze sweeping past the injury on Ling Xiao’s chest. Seeing that it was not bleeding, he quietly looked away.

“……” Ling Xiao went quiet and looked down when he saw that.

The Emperor’s tone was just as caring as before, as if he never gave him the cold shoulder. Ling Xiao suddenly had the misconception that they were not on the same page. He did not know what he should say at the moment.

When the Emperor didn’t hear Ling Xiao’s reply, he slightly raised an eyebrow and looked down at him.

He saw that the little eunuch in his embrace had a pale face, sweat dotting his forehead, and slightly knit brows. He looked discontented and extremely tired.

The Emperor saw this and displeasure showed on his face. He sighed once and carried Ling Xiao to the bed: “You are injured, you don’t need to exhaust yourself like this.”

“Your Majesty… this servant…” Crying out in alarm at suddenly being carried, Ling Xiao went rigid, then found himself lying on the bed. The Emperor bent down and approached him, his hands on either side of Ling Xiao’s head, and his posture ambiguous.

Ling Xiao opened his eyes, watching the Emperor’s handsome face that was almost within reach, his heartbeat like thunder.

Xiao Lizi, who followed the Emperor in, quietly placed the tray in his hand on the table and left when he saw the scene.

On the tray, there was some swallow nest congee that a small maid from Concubine Ran’s palace offered to the Emperor when they were on their way to Ning Xuan Palace. The Emperor had Xiao Lizi accept it, so Xiao Lizi did not dare to deal with it as he pleased. He could only leave it on the table, waiting for the Emperor to remember it.

After he saw Xiao Lizi walk out, he and the Emperor were left in the room. Ling Xiao’s heart became restless. After all, it was quite easy to lose oneself to passion on a place such as a bed.

He struggled, wanting to get up, but the Emperor couldn’t be moved at all. Ling Xiao’s face was white, staring at the Emperor above him, he became agitated and his lips trembled. With a tone that carried some pleading, he called out: “Your Majesty…”

The little eunuch below him, bright eyes and white teeth, now had moist eyes that looked cautiously at him. It was just like a startled rabbit, truly adorable.