Chapter 34: Strength Bursting Explosively

Start from the beginning

“What do you understand!” Lan Wei snarled, taking the sword in his hand and trapping Ling Xiao between him and the wall, “I once believed that she saved me…”

Speaking to that point, Lan Wei suddenly shut his mouth, his complicated gaze landing on Ling Xiao.

Ling Xiao looked at the sword point that was almost within reach and rubbed his neck due to lingering fears. He was glad that his neck was far from the sword’s point.

Ling Xiao’s small movement was seen by Lan Wei. Seeing Ling Xiao like this, his anger was cut short and his breathing calmed down. He found it somewhat humorous, was this person really that afraid of death? Then why did he, back then, regardless of life or death…

Lan Wei seemed to have thought of something and he pursed his lips, his mood that had just lightened dropped again, and a single person appeared in his mind. This person helped him learn the truth, but also left injuries all over him…

“Lan Wei, do you know why I was nice to you? It was just because you were the Prime Minister’s son and would be able to help me get into the palace!”

In his memory, Mo Qi’s twisted face magnified. Lan Wei clenched his fist.

Two days ago, Lan Wei had to leave the capital, but he was unable to let Mo Qi go and wished for her to come with him, only to get this kind of reply…

“But what do you have now? You are now a commoner! And you’ve been expelled from the capital! With you like this, what kind of ability do you have to take me with you? And why should I even go with you! What can you give me? I want a high position and great wealth! Tens and thousands of people are above you, just what can you give me?!”

Mo Qi’s beautiful appearance had looked extremely ugly in his memory, and Lan Wei did not dare to believe what he heard back then. This was his beloved woman, the woman he risked his life to help to the extent that he couldn’t even bear to let her go when he was leaving…

“Qi Qi, what are you saying?” Lan Wei remembered how his voice was trembling back then, trembling so much he could hardly form words.

“You approached me… because I was the Prime Minister’s son?”

“Im-impossible.” Lan Wei could not believe it, “When we first met each other, you did not know my identity at all, but you still saved me and took care of an injured person like me day and night. Someone like you, this is impossible…”

Mo Qi interrupted him, her tone filled with disdain, “You still believe that it was me!”

“It’s just that the first person you saw when you woke up was me, that’s all. You believed that I was your benefactor, and I felt you were amusing so I said I was. In fact, you forgot, at that time out in the countryside, there wasn’t just you and me… there was also…”

Ling Xiao!

Woken up by Mo Qi, Lan Wei silently took in those words.

But his face was filled with shock.

Back then, he went out to the countryside to play around, but when he wasn’t careful when he was riding his horse and fell off a slope and was seriously injured, being unconscious for many days. He always believed that Mo Qi saved him because the first person he saw was Mo Qi. Yet, he had forgotten that it was Ling Xiao who had brought back some prey to make a fire, taking care of him and Mo Qi.

“It was… Ling Xiao… But he didn’t tell me…” Lan Wei’s lips trembled, his face full of disbelievement.

“He only listens to me, so it was naturally impossible for him to tell you that it was him that saved you!” Mo Qi proudly interrupted Lan Wei.