XXXVIII. THE BEGINING OF THE END

It's been two days since the night at creel house

It's been two days since the night at creel house. Two days since Max and Tk have been in the hospital. Two days since Max lost her vision, broke her arms and legs and has been in a coma. Two days since Tk lost his vision.

When Tk first arrived at the hospital he was immediately rushed into surgery, along with max. Which only made Lucas worry more, he and Erica sat in the waiting room for hours waiting for an update on the two of them. Eventually, they fell asleep because of how long they were waiting.

Max was out of surgery before Tk, since his was a lot more intricate. At first, they thought they could save it, but once they cleaned the area and got rid of the blood they saw that the eye itself was gone entirely. They also got to see the real damage the bullet did to his eye, not only did it ruin his eye but it also destroyed his eyelid and the skin around it. Since the bullet left a giant where his eye used to be the doctors decided it would be best to cauterize it.

Lucas and Erica took turns on which room they would be in, like, they would be in Max's room for an hour and then in Tk's room for an hour. Luckily, Max and Tk's hospital room was right across the hall from each other.

Lucas and Erica were currently in Max's room reading to her. Tk was sleeping in his room when a knock at the door interrupted him. "Tk? Are you awake?" He turns to see who is at the door. Tk instantly recognized the voice and when he turned around he was met with Dustin's face.

"Hi, Dustin" Tk greeted as s he sat up in the bed. Tk wasn't in the happiest mood since he had just recently lost his eye. But for Lucas and Erica's sake, he puts on a smile and chooses to be happy, even if he doesn't feel like it.

"How are you feeling?" Tk asked as Dustin sat in the chair on his left so he could see him without having to turn his whole body. Tk asked that question because Steve and Robin told him about Eddie's death before they left to help out at the high school.

"I'm okay. But I wanted to stop by and check on you. I also wanted to give you this ''Dustin reached into his backpack and pulled out a hellfire t-shirt, identical to the one Tk saw him wearing when he first got back to Hawkins. "I talked to Eddie when I first joined hellfire and convinced him to make you an honorary distant hellfire club member"

"I wish I got the chance to talk to him more. I'm sure we would have gotten along great" Tk said as he held up the shirt so he could look at it more.

Dustin let out a sad chuckle. "Yeah, he would have loved you"

Unfortunately, their conversation was cut short when Tk's doctor walked in. "oh! I'm sorry, am I interrupting? I can come back later"

"No. I have to go anyway. I have to help Steve and Robin at the high school. I'll see you later, Tk '' Tk simply waved as Dustin left. So now it was only him and the doctor.

"Okay, Thomas. I wanted to talk to you about your eye. Is that okay?" Dr. Miller asked, to which Tk just shrugged in response. "Okay, you need to change your bandage daily so it doesn't get infected. It might leak some liquids but you can just wipe it away with a tissue. Please refrain from touching the wound with anything even your fingers until it heals"