Bio Siblings - Yelena

Requested by beastmode_annmarie

Prompt: "Can you write something of yelenas biological baby sister who is around 13 years old. Yelena is super soft and protective with her. Please do something following the Hawkeye storyline with them."

Yelena Belova & Y/N L/N

"He's dangerous, сестренка! Promise me you will stay away from Clint Barton."
.
.
.
.
.
After Natashas death, Yelena wanted to find peace away from the world of superheroes and villains. She wanted to protect me the way she wasn't able to protect Natasha. Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine first approached us when we were visiting Natasha's grave. Therefore Yelena had a new mission. She stayed in New York City with me for her assignment. That's where my adoptive parents moved to from Russia.

I have a babysitter/family friend named Kate Bishop who tells me stories of the man on the roof during the Battle of New York. She showed me the plaque that honored the Avengers—that honored Natasha. Her name was listed above Clint Barton...a name that Yelena said was the reason for her other sisters death.

(3rd Person POV)

Yelena sneaks up behind Clint and attacks him while he's watching out for Kate. They fight for few minutes before Kate joins them. Yelena shakes her head as Kate draws her bow then jumps off the roof.

Before going back to her own apartment, Yelena stops by Y/N's apartment—where she lives with her adoptive parents at—to find that she's already fast asleep.

She realizes two things after tonight:
1. Clint Barton will be harder to kill than she thought...but not impossible.
2. Kate Bishop can no longer watch Y/N if she's hanging around with Clint Barton. No matter what her or her family says. Although Kate Bishop will not be harmed, since Y/N really likes her.

A couple hours later...

Y/N lets Kate in through the window, easily bypassing the security measures her sister installed.

"Are you okay?" she asks, seeing the bruises on Kates face.

"Yeah, I was just out with Clint," she replies, walking over to sit on the bed. "I thought I could do anything. I thought I could be one of them," Kate whispers, holding a bag of ice she brought with her to her cheek.

Y/N nods, understanding why she's upset. "When I first met Yelena and Natasha, I wanted to be like them so bad. That was before I saw the heartbreak on their face and the stories they told me. I didn't want any part of that life for myself. I want to be happy and live the life my sister didn't get to. I'm lucky my bio parents were killed before they gave me up to the Red Room."

"You're very wise for your age, Y/N."

Y/N smiles at her sadly. "Yelena made sure I understood everything that happened to her and the other widows. Something about history not repeating itself and the more I know the more I can protect myself." She shakes her head, holding back tears.

Kate nods, smiling softly. "How are you holding up with everything?"

"For what it's worth, I think Mr. Barton is innocent. I don't blame him, and I just wish Yelena could see that too."

"Why do you think he's innocent?"

"I didn't know Natasha for long, but she spoke highly of him. She seemed to trust and love him more than anyone else. I just find it hard to believe that the same man would ever hurt her on purpose."

"He's a good man," she agrees. "Clint talks about her a lot too, they were really close."

"Let's hope they can work this out."

The next day...

"He's dangerous, сестренка! Promise me you will stay away from Clint Barton," Yelena says, grabbing Y/N's hands firmly. "That goes for Kate Bishop too."

-Yelena Flashback-
~Yelena's POV~

"Kate Bishop," I say. She throws a bottle of hot sauce at me and I catch it easily. "Hi. I made some macaroni if you want some."

She blinks. "I'm sorry. What?"

"Well I was starving and you took forever, so I wanted to make food."

"What do you want?"

"Relax, Kate Bishop. I just want to talk, okay?" I walk over and sit the macaroni on the table. "Are you really not hungry? That fight was so long. It's really tasty. Really tasty."

"I know what boxed Mac and Cheese tastes like. I know it's...it's delicious. It's also Y/N's favorite meal, so..." she trails of before saying, "I'm not just gonna sit and have dinner with you after you tried to kill me and just broke into my house."

I gasp, "I did not try to kill you. A, I put you on a wire to remove an obstacle. And B, I did not break anything. I am way too talented than that. And C, stop being so defensive. Okay? I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."

"So what do you want?"

"I'm here to protect Y/N and to kill Clint Barton. I have a question for you, why do you risk your life for him...Clint Barton? Why does everyone forgive him for his past?"

"He saved the world," Kate states.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. "No, my sister saved the world. Natasha Romanoff, she saved the world," I say. "Look, Y/N really likes you and that's the only reason I'm giving you the chance to back off. I suggest you take it, Kate Bishop."

~Flashback Over~
~3rd Person POV~

"She's my friend!" Y/N argues.

"If she was really your friend then she wouldn't be hanging around with him," Yelena says then walks out of the room.

"Uggghh!" Y/N groans and tosses her pillow at the door. She decides to send a text to Yelena, saying "just hear Mr. Barton out. See what he has to say before...ya know."

She stares at her phone for a few minutes before the text bubble pops up. "Fine"

"Yes!" Y/N squeals and does a little victory dance.

•   •   •

"Thank you, сестренка. Natasha would be as proud of you as I am."

Y/N looks up at her. "What did I do?"

"You helped me see things from a better perspective," Yelena smiles sadly remembering her encounter with Clint Barton. She's still hurt and angry about what happened but she's a little bit more understanding than before.

"For the record I think Tasha would be proud of you too," Y/N says causing a few tears to swell up in Yelena's eyes.

"I hope so."

•   •   •

"When you suggested dinner I didn't think it would be this," Y/N says, smiling brightly at Yelena. "I can't believe they're here."

"I thought you would like it. Now c'mon, we have guests."

"Y/N, it's nice to officially meet you," Clint holds out his hand for her, but she dodges it and hugs him. "Oh," he grunts, surprised by the action.

Y/N releases him and moves on to talk to Kate, while Clint walks over to Yelena. They watch the two girls silently until Yelena looks at him with a threatening glare. "Y/N means everything to me. If you hurt her, I will kill you this time."

He nods. "I expect nothing less."

(A/N This story was definitely a challenge for me to write, but I enjoyed every minute of it! I hope beastmode_annmarie likes it and hopefully it's at least sorta what they wanted 🤞🏻)