Whatever It Takes Pt. 1 - Tony

Tony Stark x Reader

"In order to take the stone, you must loose that which you love. An everlasting exchange. A soul for a soul."

"I love you-" Tony says, retracting his helmet to face his fiancée.

"Tony, no."

"Y/N, please. We both know I have to. We need the stone. Please understand, this is the only way. You're my everything. I can't loose you...it has to be me."

"I do...I-I understand. I love you so much, Tones." I lean my forehead against his and wrap my arms around his suit. "Do you remember the first time you said you love me? You ordered our favorite pizza and flew us to the top of the Empire State Building. It was beautiful, but I couldn't take my eyes off of you. Because you, my darling, have always been the best thing in the world to me. You complete me. Which is why..." Y/N steps back holding the connector in her hand.

"No," He breathes out while his suit shuts down. Tony's trapped inside the suit without the part.

"I have to be the one to do this. Whatever it takes." She smiles sadly.

"Baby please," Tony whispers desperately trying to stop her from breaking his heart. He can't watch her—his baby girl—sacrifice herself to save the world.

What did any of them do to deserve her sacrifice?

As if she read his mind, "Close your eyes." Tony slowly closes his eyes, tears falling down his cheeks. Y/N kisses him one last time.

"I love you, Tony."

Running towards death wasn't something she ever thought she'd do, but she would do anything to keep Tony safe.

As she leaps off the cliff...she only thinks of him.