NICOTINE AND TEARS - PART II

Start from the beginning

Ah, so that was what it felt like to be powerless. Stoned under a comforter and satin black pillows and frozen to the core even though it was 95 degrees outside. Huh, didn't know that.

A choking sensation wrapped around my throat at the thought, and I wanted to slap myself then. Don't cry, Isaac Alekseev! If Reese really wanted you, he would've said something sooner. Maybe he'll change his mind one day. Shut up, my conscience! замолчи! You're so unrealistic it'd make my dead mom roll around in her grave.

But, uh yeah. The idiotic commentary that always worked in brightening my mood made my gut drop down to the bottom of my feet and ego shatter like my bong. Oh shit, here came the water works.

I never knew if it was the drugs taking the wheel of my emotions, but the way that my life began to crumble beneath my feet like a Popeyes biscuit hit home. The room was flooded with tears as a searing sensation scratched at my baked lungs when my lip did that quivering thing when I was sad, and I finally let three year's worth of sorrow burst from my red eyes. I haven't heard myself cry in a hot minute, but even I hated the sound of it. My sobs usually sounded like a rabid dog horking up vomit or a frog who had just gotten run over one too many times. But that time, they were just purely sad.

My tears were cold when I sobbed into the comforter that held Reese's well known scent I secretly craved when I purposely stole one of his shirts every time I spent the night, just to pretend like he'd cared enough to visit me at least once in my foster home so I didn't feel so alone at times. And boy, did it make it worse that he never even let me know that he was going to leave with his boyfriend to have horribly loud sex in the room next to that one, or let me know that he didn't really want to hang out with me that day.

I rolled around onto my back on the ground as I cried and cried into the open space, something Isaac Alekseev would've never done in his lifetime. Wow, I hated life. Almost as much as I hated Julian's horribly concocted comebacks that he probably pulled out of his ass at random moments. Fuck Five Hargreeves! I hate you! I hate you! Fuckfuckfuckfuck!

Huh, uh... funny thing, I didn't realize I had said that out loud. And I also didn't realize that Klaus was standing directly above me, watching me grieve with curious but bewildered eyes as he kept his arms crossed over his broad chest. "Should I be thankful that you probably hate my brother more than me now, or should I be more concerned about your freak meltdown?"

My gasp was wet when my puffy eyes flew open, and I frantically crawled backwards on my elbows away from the sudden sight of him. His hair was dark and messily curly and hanging just above his kind eyebrows, his figure slouched and relaxed while he wore a white wife beater with gray gym shorts. He was barefoot, but he hadn't forgotten the complementary necklace that said cocaine or no gain and a half smoked weed in between parted lips. He was a fucking idiot.

"Wow Klaus, I didn't realize you know how to dress," I chortled through upset hitches in my breathing, trying to lighten the suddenly dark mood.

"I'm just going to pretend that you never said that so I can try to take a swing at why the Hell you're crying so damn hard in Y/N's room. All alone."

"Why does it matter?" I asked as I struggled to sit up on my elbows. "Don't you have a line to shove your nose in?"

He raised a brow and let his brown eyes wander around the room. "No, but that does sound nice."

"Ugh, cut the shit now, Hargreeves. Why are you here of all places?"

"Uh, dumbass with one brain cell, I heard you crying and Isaac Alekseev never cries," he stated the obvious with an incredulous scoff.

My black eyes rolled at his comment, and I unsteadily scrambled to my knees as the floor shifted beneath me in a series of blocky shapes that threatened to knock me back onto the floor again. "I got a bump stuck in my nose and it stings, okay? Now leave me alone before I kick you out myself."