Her worries rose when one of their bodyguards collapsed to the floor, clutching his neck as it sprayed blood from a deep cut on his artery. The attacker that had executed the killing blow took the opportunity without hesitation, dashing for the car. Kiera kept her gun out of sight below the car window, held her breath and aimed carefully at the door.

The attacker wrenched the car door open with a greedy grin spread across his face at the sight of Kiera looking afraid within the car.

Kiera made sure she did not hesitate as she squeezed the trigger.

Kyren jolted at the gunshot, but thankfully did not scream to get any additional attention.

Kiera took the opportunity of shock and pain from the attacker who had received her bullet to his chest. She kicked at his arm still holding on to the door, forcing him to fall back. Her intention to slam the door close again was ruined when she realized with a startle that another attacker had followed the first one's lead.

"You're in the way, bitch." He growled as grabbed her leg following her kick and gave a hard tug that made her lose her balance.

"I will never let you get to the young master." Kiera declared, the fear and adrenaline inspiring her to squeeze the trigger again even before she could aim perfectly. Her luck thankfully came through as a yell of pain announced that her bullet had met something.

"Bitch!"

Momentary relief drained away almost immediately when the force holding her to leg continued to drag her out of the car. With her balance lost, she could only push Kyren to remain in the car, wrenching away his tiny arms desperately clinging on to her as she slid fully out of the car.

"I swear, you're going to pay for that!" Kiera found herself dragged completely out of the car, falling butt-first on top of the first attacker that she had just killed with her first bullet.

And pay, she did.

Pain like fire burnt through her abdomen immediately, and against all commands from her brain, her fingers uncurled from the gun in her hand. Moments later, a force wrenched the gun loosened from her grasp away, and she looked up to see the man towering over her, still holding on to his gun in his right hand. She had unfortunately only managed to catch him on his left arm, and now she had been paid with a bullet to her stomach.

"Aunt Kiera!" Against his better instincts, the young boy left in the car cried out in fear at the sight of her shot and downed on the ground.

"Kyren, run!" She screamed, knowing that the boy's cry had caught the attention of the man towering over her.

"Oh no, you don't!" The attacker understood her order immediately, lunging quickly into the car to catch the obedient boy who had begun to fumble on the opposite car door.

"No, you don't!" Kiera refused to let the pain get to her as she drew out the small blade from her waist. She wasted no time bringing the blade out from its sheath, slamming it into the shin of the man who was reaching over her into the car.

"OW, YOU BITCH!" The man yelled, and a hard kick landed on her face.

"That is enough."

The declaration was made with such a calm tone that it immediately stood out against the sounds of gunshots, violent fighting, screaming and yelling.

Another shadow was cast over Kiera as she desperately blinked the stars out of her vision, and time seemed to slow for her as she watched the newcomer –face shadowed by the sun as she looked up at him –drag the attacker back out of the car with a strong arm. Instincts made Kiera pull up her arm to protect her face –fearful that she would get stomped on the face by the attacker as he was dragged forcefully out of the car.

With a knife dug in his shin, the attacker fell to the floor, unable to balance, and another gunshot sounded.

This time, the aiming proved true, and Kiera became aware that the man standing over her was not a hostile force when she realized that the attacker had been shot point blank in the forehead, falling to the floor without a second sound.

"Stay inside, Young Master." Kiera heard the order issued above her, and the car door thankfully closed again. "Kiera, you stay down and don't attract any attention. I will come back for you."

The instruction was giving so calmly and in such a matter-of-fact tone that Kiera obeyed on instincts. It was the butler's tone of voice; the tone of voice of someone who knew exactly what he was doing, planning, and was completely capable of doing. There was no hesitation at all in that voice, and Kiera knew instinctively to trust this man as he disappeared from above her.

Lying perfectly still and with the immediate danger eliminated, Kiera became glaringly aware of the pain radiating from the bullet wound on her stomach. The adrenaline that had been blocking the pain was still firing her senses, but the pain was becoming more and more pronounced as she laid in her awkward position; on her back and on top of a corpse of a man that she had killed minutes ago. She knew the importance of her keeping still and her eyes closed; it was to pass off as another corpse that had been downed in the gunfight so as to prevent herself from appearing as an easy target.

The sound of crying came above her and she cracked her eyelids open to sneak a peek, finding Kyren pressed against the car window –the door thankfully closed –and rivers of tears streaming down his cheeks as his eyes pinned on her. The poor boy must have thought that she had passed on with the bullet wound, because fearful eyes widened considerably when he caught her eyes opening.

Making sure she was as subtle as possible, she gestured and mouthed for the Young Master to stay down in the car, glad that the five year old understood her quickly as he nodded, wiped his tear with his sleeve once and disappeared quickly, his crying softening now that he was assured that Kiera was not lethally injured –at least not yet.

The waves of pain continued to crash into Kiera as she waited, glad to hear sounds of violent fight softening. Whoever it was that had come to join in the fight was clearly turning the tides single-handedly because Kiera heard no commands for help.

"Jesus, it must be the Butler in White! It's the Reyes Butler! Run!" Kiera was surprised to hear someone shout out right before a gunshot seemed to silence any more exclamations.

And then, it was deafening silence.