Special Chapter #1

Start from the beginning

We were standing so close to each other now, not even a space between us. As it should be. It took me a while before I could hug or touch her because I didn't want to unearth any trauma if there ever was from her ex-boyfriend, and Apple also understood that she needed time to get used to me—to us.

"Hmmm, no."

She grabbed my hand and gently moved it upwards, just below her bra line. "Kailangan mo bang refresher sa anatomy?"

I froze on the spot and my breathing stopped for a quick second. As if really messing with me, she then laughed and pulled my hand. "Tara na nga, naghihintay na sila."

It wasn't a big deal that she's my plus one, my friends weren't fussing, in fact, Gwen even got her a gift. It's really just Apple being Apple. Although I understood her worries, I just hope I'm giving her enough assurance.

The annual dinner was being held at my house for a change. I didn't want to cook so I ordered everything from appetisers to desserts. The last thing we all want is having to cook a lot of food for just a few people.

By the time we arrived at my house, everyone was already there and the place was already set up for us, all thanks to the amazing caterers and staff in general who are still working this holiday season.

"Ang tagal mo, muntik ko na balatan 'yong lechon sa gutom," Rafa was already jumping on his toes while he held a plate. Jesus. He and his food. I'm glad Maggie is a great cook because he wouldn't survive without her.

"Tanghali ka na kasi gumising kaya hindi ka na nakapag-lunch nang maayos," Maggie glared at him, but still placed food on his plate.

"Sino ba kasing pinagod ak—"

"'Wag na 'wag mong itutuloy 'yang sinasabi mo, Rafa."

I rolled my eyes at both of them. Even after a long time of being together as a couple, they never lost their friendship. It was always friendship first for them.

Apple was immediately crowded by Gwen and handed her two gifts and a medium size paper bag which I assumed had a pot of plant inside just based on how Gwen got me a plant too last year. Good luck with that because she doesn't have the slightest bit of patience to take care of plants.

I mouthed go on to her when I saw her hesitate to follow Gwen somewhere. I'm pretty sure she's just going to tell her about her plants.

Meanwhile, Jass slung an arm around me. "Are you happy?"

I was about to hide my smile when I realized that it's Jass I'm talking to. He's my friend. I don't need to hide anything.

"Yeah, I am. Even though we're not yet official. We'll get there."

Rafa sneaked in the convo with food pile up on his plate already. "Hindi official pero natutulog ka na sa kwarto niya? Sounds like you're also making o—" I cut him off by picking a piece of bread from his plate and shoving it in his mouth.

"Nothing like that, Servania. Gawain mo 'yon."

Jass snickered. "Pretty sure he was too chicken to even look at Maggie that way back when they were still just friends," he quoted friends in the air.

"Hey, that's not fair."

"But it's true. I'm done with the bullshit excuse of losing your friendship because you liked her."

I left the two to bicker about their past because I wasn't interested. I'm more interested in finding out where Apple was. And turns out, she was having a pretty good time with the girls, Maggie included. They were all seated on the huge couch in our living room and exchanging gifts like they were friends for a long time already.