《3》carry through

A month has gone by and there weren't any signs of the boy or his wolves showing up

As much as many people of Liyue felt urged to celebrate this moment, they were still cautious and did not want a repeat of last time.

Many search parties began to form to find the boy and his wolves, but no leads or any form clues were found on either of the two.

As for Zhongli, he has grown busy with work and a few other things on the side, so his search for the strange boy has been put to a halt.

///

The afternoon sun bathe Zhongli's home in its balmy lustre. Minute specks of dust dancing in the beam of the slanted afternoon sunlight passing the windows.

Zhongli was sitting comfortably on one of the couches in his lounge; drinking a warm cup of tea while he joyfully read through one of the many books he had collected.

However, the laxed man abruptly grew alert when hearing a loud clash and a few thuds coming from inside his bedroom.

Placing his cup of tea along with his book down on the coffee table in front of him, Zhongli got on his feet and made his way over to the little hallway within his home.

At the end of the hallway was a door to his room. Zhongli walked up to the door with no hesitation while summoning his spear.

He stops in front of the door and places his ear against to hear for anymore movement - a bit of shuffling being heard from the other side.

Zhongli barges in the room without warning and readies his weapon; pointing it towards the intruder.

In the room was a large white wolf, its fur covered and smeared in blood. In front of the wolf was Liyue's notorious 'wild child'; laying unconscious on the ground, also covered in blood with an injured left shoulder.

Zhongli stood there and looked over the scene in shock.

"Archon of Geo, I am desperately in need of your help and we ought to make haste" The wolf spoke, gesturing to the boy on the floor and catching Zhongli off guard.

"You need my help...?" Zhongli queries, confused.

"I will explain everything once this young unit here is aided first" Said the wolf; referring to the young child.

"Uh... alright then..." Zhongli said under his breath - still stunned by the situation but was willing to help none the less.

Zhongli carefully carried the boy in his arms and soon gently placed him on his bed.

Hastily scrambling around his home to grab a few supplies to help the little boy.

///

The little boy now had his wounds treated and his filth covered skin was freshly cleaned.
He now wore a silky, white bathrobe and a large velvety duvet was draped over him while he peacefully slept on Zhongli's bed.

The ex-Archon stood beside the bed looked over at the youth before turning his full attention to the wolf sitting in the centre of the room.

"I deeply thank you for your help, Archon of Geo" The wolf says as it bows its head as a form of gratitude.

"It's no problem at all. There's also no need to be so formal, I now go by Zhongli." Said the Prime Adeptus.

"As you wish, Mr Zhongli. Nevertheless, I still have a rather large favour to ask of you. I will also be more than willing to answer a few questions you may have" The wolf states.

"Well, first off, who exactly are you and the young boy? You both aren't from Teyvat, aren't you?" Zhongli says and the wolf nods.

"The boy and I are indeed not from Teyvat. The young one here is known as an exterimty unit and I am his assigned custodian from the world we come from" Said the wolf.

"Exterimty unit?" Zhongli questions.

"I am afraid that is a piece of information I cannot further explain or disclose with you. I can only make you aware of that is how he is referred to from them world come from" The wolf explained.

Zhongli puts a hand on his chin; processing the information he'd just been told. "I must ask, what is your reason for coming to Teyvat? What is the favour you'd want for me to fulfill?"

"Unfortunately, I also cannot disclose the reasons for us coming to this world. As for the favour, I ask you look after this young unit for I am putting him in your care from here on out" Says the wolf.

Zhongli furrowed his brows in curiosity. "You'd like for me to look after this young boy? May I ask why's that?"

"My time here has soon come to burn, I can no longer stay within this realm for I have over stayed my time here" The wolf said.

"Over stayed? What about the boy?"

"This young unit here is far more powerful and capable of living within this world. As for me, I was tasked on bringing him to settle in this world before departing" The wolf says.

"Well if that's the case, why choose me to look after the young boy?" Asked Zhongli.

"I trust that you are responsible enough to look after this unit. Furthermore, you are one of the most strongest beings in this world to watch this little one - I do hope this is not too much of a feat for you to accomplish" The wolf states.

Zhongli looks over at the sleeping child and began musing to himself.

So many things were being thrown at him all at once. Not only does he cross paths with the boy he'd met hundreds of years ago once again and some of the many questions he had were somewhat answered by a talking wolf - he is now given the choice and responsibility to look after the young child.

As a sympathetic smile graced Zhongli's face, he had decided he'd take it upon himself to look after the boy; he could always use a bit of company and have a something to do to enliven his life.

As much as Zhongli was confounded yet satisfied with his ultimate decision, he agreed on looking after the child.

"Now that all is done. I shall now take my leave" Said the wolf as it stood on all fours - swiftly exiting the window, leaving Zhongli stunned by its sudden departure.

《◇》