The Young Man with unusual eyes

In the year 2100, a calamity befell humanity with the apparition of seven portals from which angels poured out and slaughtered humans as they wished, reducing the population to half of its original size. It was a calamity humans hadn't foreseen nor they could have won.

God had died and the angels led by the strongest Archangels decided to rule Earth.

Their arrival brought many changes, he also appeared like humanity's savior. All of this led to technological advancement and an increase in the standard of living. Alas, not everyone benefited from this new era. Those that benefited the most were the angels and their masters.

°°°°°°

Present. The year 2205. Sunset City.

The Sunset city was built amidst the sands of the mighty Mojave desert, hundred kilometers from Las Vegas, and is truly a technological wonder. Its charm is matched by the backdrop of clear blue skies which have helped shape the city into what it is today.

The climate these skies brought was of great importance, but they were also influential when it came to architectural designs as the vast majority of buildings have been built with lots of glass and light elements to mimic the aesthetics of the blue skies around them.

The skyline is littered with modest skyscrapers and they clearly show what they represent to the city itself. Business is booming in Sunset city and it has attracted a lot of attention. A few new cultures have left their mark not just on the city's people, but also on the city's identity. What historically was a city of little contrast has grown into a large melting pot and it's this that unites the 1 million people to this day.

And currently, in the downtown of this city, four Novice Awakeners in black clothing were defending against the attack of a young man in black clothes. The young man has a height of 6'3ft (190.5cm), and white hairs reaching his shoulders. He had pair of unusual eyes, there were heterochromia, one gold while the other was purple, a strange combination. His age seemed to be around twenty.

BOOM!

The young man with the unusual eyes sent a punch forward and this punch created shockwaves in the air and made the four men in black collide on a broken wall dozens of meters away.

The surrounding area was equally damaged with shells of bullets, corpses, and broken weapons lying around.

"Young Man, why the hell are you making things difficult for us?" One of the four men tried to reason with the young man alas the dangerous gleam in his eyes betrayed his true aim.

''We just want to have a conversation with you about something important. It is all for your good.''

Another man added.

"I just want to kill you," The young man said in an icy tone.

"Do I need to have a reason to kill some annoying ants?"

"Y-you! How dare you!" The four men were incensed. They never expected things to escalate like this, at first it should have been a simple mission of kidnapping this young man with unusual eyes, it was because of his unusual eyes that they decided to kidnap him as he would fetch a good price in the black market, and above everything else they didn't sense any mana coming from him, meaning he was not an awakener, however upon engaging him things didn't go as they thought.

''The Sky Snake Group would hunt you down."

They said hoping that at least their group name would scare the young man away as they are known for their infamy unfortunately for them they had to meet someone clueless about this group's reputation. Well, the young wouldn't care about their infamous reputation as they did something they shouldn't have done.

"Sure, I don't mind, I'm planning to do the same thing once I'm done with my business. I'm not an idiot." The young man was rather annoyed as he continued.

"You are an idiot for thinking that I'm unaware of what you were trying to do and you are even more of an idiot for falling into someone's else trap.''

At the end of his sentence, the young man waved his hand in a grasping motion.

Swoosh~

Out of nowhere, a black hole appeared above the four men.

"Wh-what is that?"

"He is not supposed to have any ability as he is not an awakener."

"He was hiding his powers till now? Maybe by using an artifact to conceal his strength?"

The four men were shocked out of their wits by the sucking force of the cyclone as it grew larger in an instant. All the debris and corpses nearby were sucked into the cyclone in no moment.

"NO!" The four men did their best to resist the sucking force of the cyclone but it proved futile. In seconds, they were absorbed by the cyclone and wiped out from the face of the Earth. In the front of this black hole, their Level 1 strength did nothing to help them as if they had been deprived of their strength. The men were too scared to notice that the moment the young man used the black hole, his innate ability his purple eye shone, it was quick if one wasn't paying close attention you wouldn't have noticed it either.

"Haah~" The young man gave a deep sigh after the cyclone disappeared. He didn't feel anything after he had just killed so many people and for him, it was not odd considering his origin.

The four men who had just died had left behind a stone alongside their weapons and some cash, it was his first time in human society, those fools thought he was a complete greenhorn as they lured him here when all he did was ask for direction. Never they would have thought that they would be wiped out completely, even with their numbers.

It was normal, while it was true that the young man was not an awakener, he was stronger than normal, stronger than some mob Novice Awakeners. If those people were to see the young man's status they would be shocked by how absurd it was, before awakening, he was this strong, wouldn't he become a monster once awakened?

Unfortunately, they made a terrible mistake and the price they paid was their lives.

The young man inhaled before walking toward the mysterious stone glowing on the ground. Even without checking he was sure that it was of important value.

He reached out and picked up the black stone, he could feel could a mysterious energy from it. This energy was trying to invade his body through his hand.

He didn't have any information on this stone in the data inside his brain. This data contained a lot of information, for example not trusting people, and how despicable the creatures known as humans can be. Thanks to this data he could judge every situation and act accordingly.

Just as the young man was considering what to do with the mysterious stone he heard a mysterious voice coming from nowhere.

〖It is an Awakening stone〗

''Huh?"