Chapter Two: Well This Is Awkward

Sheldon asked you out? Sheldon asked you out?! SHELDON ASKED YOU OUT! The theoretical physicist who feels no attraction towards anyone? HE asked you out. HE asked YOU out?!?

You knocked on the only door you knew would open at this time of night.

"What is it Sh- Oh [Y/N]~" Penny opened the door and looked you up and down. You had a huge smile on your face.

"Alright what's happening that's got you like this?" She chuckled and let you in.

"Okay, so..." You started. She waited in anticipation moving her hands in a circular motion.

"Sheldon asked me out..."

~SHELDON'S POV~

"Sheldon you can't just-"

Leonard was cut off by loud screaming emitting from Penny's apartment.

"I suggest you go and make sure she hasn't fallen in the shower again." I advised as Leonard ran across the hall.

I sat in my spot contemplating my choice to ask [Y/N] out when Leonard suddenly ran back in.

"YOU ASKED [Y/N] OUT?!" He yelled at me, overreacting a little.

"Well, yes I believe so." I said simply.

"YOU?! THE NERDY SCIENTIST WHO'S ONLY HAD ONE PROPER GIRLFRIEND?!" He yelled again.

"I believe you're describing yourself." I smirk.

"Bazinga." I laugh slightly. [Y/N] and Penny walk in a few minutes after Leonard yells at me about my joke... Now why is it that everyone else can make a joke and I can't?

"Hi Sheldon." Penny smirks. "[Y/N] was just telling me about how you asked her out." She laughs lightly. I watch as [Y/N] starts to shuffle uncomfortably.

"Well this is awkward..." She mutters as she makes eye contact with me.

"Indeed it is..." I say loud enough for everyone to hear. They look at me quizzically. I just lightly laugh and stare at [Y/N].