九 x 1k reads special

"I like guys who are tall and smart!" Tao confesses one afternoon after classes end and the three of them are walking around the school field. "It's a bonus if he wears glasses and looks good in all black too!" She adds.

"See, I told you." Himari comments. "She's in love with that soccer coach, Ego."

"So what if I like him?!" Tao outbursts all the while her face turns bright red in color, causing both Himari and Misa to laugh loudly, their laughters resonating through the open field.

"Don't even ask me how I developed a crush on him." Tao adds, blushing to herself. "It just happened."

"No need to be shy about it!" Misa says, slinging an arm around Tao's shoulders. "We kind of figured about it already."

"When there's a game happening in our school, me and Misa would watch how the game would go and you're ending up watching Ego the whole time!" Himari predicts, resulting in both Misa and her to laugh once more.

"...Geez." Tao shyly spoke, covering her face with her hands. "I thought I was sleek with hiding but I guess I wasn't."

"Your ears gave it away." Himari points out, the three girls sitting down on the first step of the bleachers.

"Dammit!" Tao curses, closing her eyes. "I'll try out growing my hair now so I'll be able to hide my ears." She says, touching her short, light brown hair.

"It seems like the soccer team hasn't started their training." Himari says, catching a glimpse of the other members sitting in the benches, no sight of Ego nor Anri around.

"We're fifteen minutes early, I think." Misa responded, checking the time on her phone. "I heard from Anri nee that the soccer members run a hundred laps, do high jumps and practice scoring a hundred goals each per practice days."

"Sounds brutal." Himari comments.

"A hundred laps? I won't even last ten." Tao chimes in, her eyes widening as she notices something. "Gagamaru from Class B coming in our direction!" She immediately spoke, turning her head away as they see their tall and wide eyed schoolmate coming closer to them. Himari too, turning to look away as if she is expecting someone from a direction come to them.

"Are you...Misa?" Gagamaru asks, pointing at the dark blue haired girl.

Lips pursed into a thin line, Misa slowly nods her head. "Y-Yes..." she stammers.

Gagamaru then turns to stand aside, finger pointing at one of his fellow teammates.

"My friend Isagi says hi." He tells her.

As the three girls turn their heads to look at across the field, there they found some of the soccer team members huddled around Isagi. Isagi, shyly waving a hand at Misa.

Surprised, Misa raises her hand up and slowly waves a hand back at him.

As the other soccer team members see Misa wave a hand back at Isagi, they all cheered and hollered for him. Gagamaru turning around and going back to them.

"Isagi from Class C, huh?" Himari is the first to say, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I've never heard of him before." Misa says, turning to look at both Himari and Tao. "I only know Raichi and Igaguri because they are from our class. But the others...not so much." She adds.

"The one who approached you is Gagamaru." Tao says, using her head to nod off where he stood in the other side of the field. "The one who has an arm around Isagi's shoulder is Bachira. The one who is ruffling Isagi's hair is Kunigami. And the one who is still hollering and cheering is Imamura."