🗡 Sword Meets Rocket 🚀

Start from the beginning

      "I'm so sorry! I'm Rocket, that was my phriend Slingshot. I'm sorry if he was bothering you!" Rocket began to apologise repeatedly. Sword relaxed his grip on his dumplings and calmed down. This demon wasn't that bad.

      Sword shook of his shock and sputtered back, "I-It's fine. Uh, I sort of heard your conversation. I already ate a bunch, I don't mind giving you the rest." He slid his bowl over to a very surprised demon.

      Rocket placed his hands in front of him and shook his head, "I'm sorry you overheard us! It's fine, I wasn't even hungry anyways!" Just as he said that, his stomach growled loudly.

      The two looked at eachother before Sword snorted and grinned up at him, "I'm guessing you didn't have breakfast?" Rocket's cheeks flushed as he scratched the back of his head, "We had no milk and I didn't feel like eating dry cereal..."

      Sword gestured to the seat across from himself and Rocket sat down, a bit shy that he was being fed by a stranger. Sword slid the bowl over and handed the chopsticks over.

      "Sorry about the spit," Sword shyly apologised. "It's fine, I'm not a germaphobe. Just promise me you don't have any diseases," Rocket snickered as he clicked the chopsticks some before grabbing a dumpling and chowing down.

      Sword watched Rocket hungrily eat, his cheeks warm as the meal was still hot. The way Rocket ate with such haste yet still took his time to savor it told Sword a lot about him.

      Sword looked over at the two friends Rocket was with. Those two had gotten a meal and were messily eating without a care. Sword didn't want to connect with them so soon, Rocket had his interest.

      "So," Rocket spoke with his mouth full, "Where are you from? Never seen you before." He pointed the chopsticks at Sword, who was taken back by the question.

      "Oh, uhm.. I'm not from around here," Sword didn't want to go into detail about the whole "my mentor is an ancient being who has raised and taught me to fight" thing. Besides, who would believe that?

      Rocket swallowed down before grabbing another dumpling. "Clearly! No demons around here are ever so charitable!" Rocket stuffed the dumpling into his mouth.

      "You gave up your bux for that demon over there. Are you not from around here?" Sword asked genuinely. Rocket coughed a little, but refused to cough up his food.

      After harshly swallowing down his food, Rocket corrected Sword, "I've been raised here as a matter of fact!" Sword was now confused, "Then why give up your bux?"

      "Otherwise Slingshot would get one of his siblings to whip my butt!" Rocket growled as he turned to glare at Slingshot, who looked over and gave Rocket the bird.

      Rocket turned around in a huff to grab another dumpling, but he was sad to see he had already eaten them all. Sword felt bad for scarfing down most the dumplings before he had offered them. He wondered what else he could do.

      As he was thinking, the waiter came over with his change. "Sorry for the wait, I had to serve some quite rude demons. Anything else you need?" the waiter asked.

      Sword counted his money. He had enough to have a good time at the arcade. Looking back at Rocket, who was still hungry, his mind started to change.

      "Uh, yeah! Lemme just take a look real quick..." Sword grabbed the menu and started quickly scanning it. He had enough to get the soup and dumpling special!

      Handing his money over, he pointed at his choice, "I would like this. You can keep whatever change is left." The waiter whistled as they wrote it down, "You're a bottomless pit!"

      Sword flushed and scratched his wrist, "It isn't for me. It's for my hungry phriend right here." Sword looked over at a surprised Rocket. "W-Wait, no need to waste money on me! I don't even know your financial situation!" Rocket tried to argue, but the waiter was already on it.

      "This is nice of you, but I don't even know your name!" Rocket admitted. Sword's heart basically stopped when he forgot the most important thing when meeting someone; his own name.

      "I-IT'S SWORD!" he accidentally shouted. The restaurant went quiet. Well, there wasn't many people in there anyways, just him, Rocket, and those other two demons.

      Rocket stared at him like he was crazy, but remembered he was friends with morons. "Uh, nice to meet you Sword, but why so adiment on wasting your bux on me?" Rocket asked.

      Sword got a bit nervous as he looked away some, "Just never really had a phriend before..." Looking up, he noticed Rocket looking at him with a bit of a shocked look.

      Before he could backpeddle, the waiter came back with the food and placed it in front of Rocket. "You better watch out with the mohawk guy, he'll eat you out of house and home," they joked to Rocket as they took the bowl and left.

      Sword was embarrassed. Never did he think a moment like that would make him so nervous and awkward. Rocket instead snorted, "I already do that, so we could he a menace together."

       The mood was slightly better as Rocket was laughing, but Sword began to get a bit downcast. Rocket saw that look and swallowed down some soup he was slurping on. "What's with the long face?" he asked.

      Sword snapped out of his thoughts, a bit embarrassed on being caught. "Sorry, it's just I don't have a phone nor any other way to contact you. I'm afraid this might be our only meet up..." Sword looked down at the crumbs on the table.

      Rocket seemed a bit lost before he snorted again and held in some giggles. "Dude, I'm here basically all the time! My dad comes here to do business and I usually tag along," Rocket explained.

      Sword began to get excited. Then he remembered that Venomshank would have his head. Rocket saw him thinking and asked, "Something up?"

      "It's just... I'm trying to get away from home. I don't know if I can get here often," Sword tried to not reveal too much. He had his reasons to keep his past to himself. It wasn't bad, but now that he was nearly an adult, he wanted more freedom and Venomshank wa holding him back.

      "If you want, I could convince my dad to let you stay a couple nights!" Rocket offered. Before Sword could turn it down, Slingshot came bouncing over, "Woah! Wow, Rocket! Inviting boys over to your place?"

      Rocket cursed at him and pushed him away. "It isn't like that! Come on, I promised to walk to the middle of Crossroads to meet up with him," Rocket quickly shoveled down his meal and got up.

      Sword tried to get a word in, but when Rocket grabbed his hand, Sword couldn't even get any words out. He never really had a friend before. He never even had anyone be this nice to him.

      "We better get a head start before they phinish eating!" Rocket quickly lead them out and started running, his grip on Sword's hand still tight.

      Sword kept up, but was surprised with how quick someone with robot limbs was. Eventually, he found a steady rhythm. He smiled as Rocket lead him on. Maybe it wasn't bad having a friend.