Chapter 56: The Revengers

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 56: The Revengers ⍟ ⎊ ⧗

We then ventured into the parade, into the sea of Hulk fans, searching for Bruce. I hope we find him and soon or else I had a feeling we would never leave this awful planet. I wanted to return back home, back to the Sanctum. My heart nearly stopped. Home...I had called the Sanctum my home. Well, how couldn't I? I had been there for months now. Wong and Stephen had become good friends of mine and Luna, she had become my family. How would I ever leave them? I had to. Stephen made his opinion of me quite clear. It hurt like hell, but I know better than to stay at a place where I'm not wanted. I'll just law low somewhere else, hopefully I'll find Hunter soon.

"Banner!" Thor shouted.

"Bruce!" I yelled out.

However, he was nowhere to be seen. We kept pushing through the crowd, finding Bruce stumbling back from a ferocious looking alien that glared at Bruce with his black beady eyes, prepared to kill him. The alien was a gladiator, wearing armor like us. Thor and I quickly pushed Bruce behind us, defending him. The alien bared his sharp teeth at us, raising a clawed hand. However, before we could do a thing, the disk on his neck activated, causing him to collapse onto the ground with a yelp. We then noticed Valkyrie standing where the alien once stood. She helped us out.

"Hi." Thor greeted.

"Hi." Valkyrie replied.

"I was gonna do that." Thor mentioned.

"Yeah, well, I did it first." She shot back.

"That's good." Thor said.

"What he means is thank you." I chimed in.

"What are you doing here?" Thor asked, changing the subject.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were leaving." Valkyrie retorted, deflecting.

"I got sidetracked." Thor mentioned.

"What's with the..." Valkyrie trailed off as she motioned towards our cloaks.

"It's our disguises." Thor explained.

"But I can see your face." Valkyrie pointed out.

"Not when I do this, you can't." Thor mentioned.

He then pulled the cloak in front of his face, covering most of his face, but still showing his eyes. Valkyrie nodded, though she wasn't convinced. I huffed. "Give it up, Thor. These are lousy disguises."

"She's right. They're terrible." Valkyrie agreed.

"Who's side are you on?" Thor asked, looking over at me.

"Yours, but had you gotten better disguises, I wouldn't be complaining." I quipped.

"Fine. Next time you chose the disguises." Thor retorted.

"Good." I confirmed.

"Your hair looks nice. I like what you did with it. Change it? Washed it maybe?" Thor asked, looking back at Valkyrie.

Valkyrie cracked a smile as she shook her head, turning away from us. She then motioned with her head to follow her. We exchanged a look before trailing behind her. As we followed Valkyrie through endless streets, Bruce stared at her in awe.

"What are those things on her eyes? Are those people that she's kill? She's so beautiful and strong and courageous." Bruce whispered.

"Who is this guy?" Valkyrie asked.

"He's a friend." Thor immediately responded.

"Who? Me? I'm Bruce." Bruce said, introducing himself.