Chapter 55: Meeting Bruce

Start from the beginning

"I'm not getting dragged into another one of Odin's family squabbles." Valkyrie argued.

Thor furrowed her brows. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Your sister. Her power comes from Asgard, same as yours. When it grew beyond Odin's control she massacred everyone in the palace and tried to seize the throne." Valkyrie explained. "When she tried to escape her banishment he sent the Valkyrie in to fight her back. I only survived because..."

I watched as she trailed off, looking in pain. Valkyrie then shook her head. "Look, I already faced her once back when I believed in the throne, and it cost me everything. That's what's wrong with Asgard. The throne, the secrets, the whole golden sham."

My heart clenched. From the look on her face I could tell she suffered through a lot, too much. She was trying to run from her past. Something I tried to do as well. But the thing is you can't run from your past. In the end, it'll always catch up with you, sooner or later.

"I agree." Thor confirmed.

He tried to stop her by grabbing her wrist, however she quickly got out of his grasp, quickly pointing a dagger to his neck. My eyes widened in shock. Oh jeez...Valkyrie narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't get familiar."

"Okay, let's not do something you'll regret." I warned.

I took a step towards them, but Valkyrie warned me not to take another step near her as she took out another dagger, pointing it towards me. I raised my hands, slowly backing away. Okay, maybe I'll just sit this one out. Besides, Thor can handle himself just fine.

"I agree." Thor intervened, earning back Valkyrie's gaze. "That's why I turned down the throne. But this isn't about the crown. This is about the people. They're dying and they're your people, too."

"Forget it. I have." Valkyrie retorted, shoving Thor back.

"Okay." Thor said.

"Okay." She confirmed.

"Good. Great."

"Great."

I furrowed my brows as I glanced back and forth, watching their exchange. What's going on? Thor then wore a smile as he replied. "Thank you."

"For what?" Valkyrie inquired, confused.

"For this." Thor answered.

Thor then took out a control that was responsible for shocking him. He then revealed another control. My eyes lit up. Did he get mine?

"Didn't see that, did you? I also got Mariana's here too." Thor mentioned.

My eyes lit up. He did get mine! Yes, now I can take off this stupid disk. Valkyrie shrugged. "I might've stolen it. So what?"

Thor and I turned off the device, now able to take off the disks that were latched onto the side of our necks. I let out a sigh of relief, feeling better.

"There...That's better." Thor said. He then turned back to face Valkyrie. "You know, go ahead. Stay here and enslave people for that lunatic. Keep drinking, keep hiding."

Thor then turned towards Hulk, raising his hands, motioning for the ball. Hulk then threw him the ball before throwing it against the window. The ball didn't stop though. However, Thor didn't see it coming.

"But me, I choose to run toward my problems and not away from them. Because that's what..." Thor trailed off.

We watched as the ball came back, hitting him in the side of his face. I grimaced. That looked like it hurt. We all watched as Thor slowly bounced back up on his feet, punching the air as he shook it off. Looks like he's all right. I glanced back at the window to see a small crack that the ball created.