After the young lady did so, he flipped over the paper tag attached to one end of the chain. "This piece is called The Flowers of Eden, and it sells for two thousand and five hundred gold coins."

Her eyes widened. "That much? It is just a necklace!"

Two thousand and five hundred gold coins were enough to sustain her family for ten years, and they were known to be quite lavish with their spending. The thought of a single piece of jewellery costing that much left her bewildered.

       "It is not just any necklace," the shopkeeper argued. "It is one of Master Pierce's finest works. Only those in the upper echelons of society can own something crafted by Master Pierce."

The young lady's face flushed red. "You insult me!"

The shopkeeper opened his mouth to retort, but before he could, an unfamiliar figure walked through the atelier's threshold. Even though it had been years since Nicholas had returned to the capital, stories of his valiance and his likeness remained, and the shopkeeper recognised him in a heartbeat.

       "Your Grace," he greeted anxiously. "What brings you here?"

       "I wish to see your master," Nicholas replied.

The shopkeeper stuttered a reply before running off to the back, and moments later, Master Pierce emerged from his workshop. 

A few moments passed, and finally, Master Pierce spoke.

      "Well, well, well," he murmured, walking past his assistant. "Nicholas, it has been too long. How have you been?"

    "Quite well," Nicholas answered. "And yourself?"

Pierce shrugged carelessly. "I am well, thank you for asking. Although I must say, it is a bit unusual for you to visit my establishment. I know that you have no need for jewels. Tell me, who is the lucky lady?"

    "You will know soon enough," Nicholas replied. "But now, I need a ring."

    "A ring! Do you plan to propose, boy?"  Pierce asked jovially. "Ah, I thought that this day would never come! Tell me, what is she like?"

Nicholas did not hesitate. "She is the love of my life. She is strong, unyielding, intelligent, and beautiful beyond compare."

    "If that is the case, I must try my hardest to craft a ring worthy of such a lady," Pierce replied with a flourish of his hands, gesturing towards the collection of gemstones hanging on the walls of the atelier.

    "Actually," Nicholas interjected. "I already have an idea of how the ring would look like. All I need is for you to craft it."

His memories travelled back to the night when he walked down the streets of Kestramore City with Eleanora, the faux sapphire ring, and most notably, how happy she had been when she slipped it on her finger.

     "The ring should be made with platinum, and in the centre, there should be a pale blue sapphire shaped like a teardrop. And on the inside of the ring, I want you to inscribe a message."

Master Pierce nodded. "Very well. Now, let us go to my workshop, so that we may discuss this further."

"