6. Birthday part 2

Start from the beginning

"I do, yes."

"Then." She pointed at the piano in the restaurant. "Play." Did she smile showing some... rivalry?

"Hmm, why not?" I went to the piano. 

The student council members and Kei looked at me with prolepsis.

"So, what piece will you play, senpai?" Ishigami asked me.

"You guys choose," I said.

Fujiwara put her finger into her head and thought about it briefly. "Play 'Claire de Lune'".

Clair de lune, (French: Moonlight) is the third segment in, a four-movement for piano by a French composer, begun in 1890 and revised and published in 1905. The gentle "Clair de lune" provides an elegant contrast to the suite's sprightly second and fourth movements. It is a masterpiece by Debussy.

I sat down on the stool, pinned down my fingers on the piano, and played it

After finishing the piece, I opened my eyes and saw everyone was mesmerized by it

Clap

Clap

One by one, people started to applaud me.

"W-wow," Shirogane muttered. "That was awesome, Ayanokouji."

Kei was smiling and mesmerized as well. "It was amazing, senpai."

Shinomiya clapped for me. "That was very good, Ayanokouji-kun."

Ishigami showed me his phone. "I recorded this, senpai. My phone is quite an old model. But I think I will edit it at my home and send it to you."

Fujiwara looked at me with her mouth agape. "You didn't tell me you were this good." She yelled.

"I said I'm quite good." I could only say it awkwardly. If I remember, Fujiwara is a Piano champion. She won many medals. I think she sees me as a rival. 

She pouted. "You're too good at this, Ayanokouji-kun." She smiled at me. "Why don't we do a duet together? On culture festival day?" She asked with excitement in her eyes. 

I couldn't say no to her while everyone was watching.

"Ok." I sighed.

"Yay." Fujiwara celebrated.

***

After eating our dinner, and paying our bills. Shinomiya's chauffeur picked her up. Ishigami and Fujiwara went to their houses by calling a taxi. I, Shirogane, and Kei walked home.

"Hey, Ayanokouji. Thanks." Shirogane said while looking happy.

"Hmm?"