ᴡᴀʀ

ᴠᴀʟᴇʀɪᴇ :

Life is like war, you have to fight for your own worth.

Atleast that's what I grew up with, everyday is a war for me, I have to work, go to school, look after my little sister, make sure there is a roof over our head.

It was about 3 in the afternoon I just started my shift, no one usually comes in here so most of the time I just read, I hear the ding from the bell warning me to put my book down and do my job.

It's a boy around my age 17, and girl a little older, I just watch as they throw everything around and try to play basketball with the basket and some items, I roll my eyes and walk to go pick up the items that they threw.

The boy crouches down and helps me by picking up 1 item, wow team work makes a dream work.

I put it back and go back to the counter, the boy then walks up.

"Uh yeah can I get a pack of cigarettes please" he breathes i chuckle and pull out the big card

"Do you have ID" I softly say, he pretends to pat his pockets like they're empty

"I think I forgot it at home" he says I just roll my eyes and grab my book "come on we're friends" he says

I look up from my book and roll my eyes, I turn around and grab the pack and chuck it on the counter "just take it"

He stares blankly at me "what" he says bold, I chuckle "I don't want any trouble, I see you around the streets and I just can't deal with anything" I say looking back at my book.

"Look I'm not gonna steal from you" he then slides over $50 "see I'm paying" I take the cash and give him his change.

"I'm James" he then speaks up "I'm-" I suddenly get stopped "baby" his girlfriend comes in and makes out with him

They then leave, leaving me there dumbfounded

ᴊᴀᴍᴇs :
"Crystal i was talking to someone bro can you just be patient" I say annoyed as I didn't get that girls name

"Sorry baby but you were talking to her for too long" I roll my eyes as I was going over the speed limit out of anger.

"James slow down" I hear crystal say it just makes me speed up more "JAMES PULL OVER" I pull over to the side.

"ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB, THERE IS 10 GRAND WORTH OF DRUGS IN THE BACK AND IF WR GET PULLED OVER BECAUSE OF THE SHIT YOU ARE PULLING WE ARE FUCKED, 20 YEARS IN JAIL" she scolded me

I was just sitting there thinking about the girl I met while puffing on a cigarette. Fuck what am I thinking