🎊New Year's Special🎊

Start from the beginning

I opened her door and offered my hand, she gave a small smile and accepted my hand to stand out of the car. "Thank you, and little word of advice, don't get married. The effort just seems to deminish." She walked around to stand behind Hizashi. I turned to Shota "Should we wait for them?" He let out a breath and pushed the still open door closed "I know you don't want to leave them." I looked down and he then lead me to the front of the car "So we may as well get comfortable." I looked up to him, confused. "But you don't want to stay."

"No, I don't want to ruin the night more than I already have... I know you were excited for this, I've lost count on how many times I've heard you say it's our first new years together... But I don't mind what we do as long as I get to stay with you." I quickly wrapped my arms around him "Oh Shota! You haven't ruined the night, I absolutely love watching you look out for Eri, but missing things has got a bit repetitive. Especially when the sitters have done the job before." He wrapped his arms around my waist and mumbled as he rested his head on top of mine "Of course, I'll make sure tonight is the last time I give the run down... Unless obviously we get a new sitter."

I decided to ask "Or a new addition?" He moved away but his hands didn't leave me completely as they rested on my hips, I felt my cheeks warm up "Sorry, it's just Nemuri said that you looked so in love upon seeing me holding Y/n and she said that you'd made your new years resolution-" He pressed his lips to mine, leaving my lips his smiled subtly "You don't need to explain yourself, you didn't do anything wrong... And whilst I'd love to have a new addition, that wasn't what I chose for my new years resolution. After all, what right do I have to say you should carry a baby?"

I stuttered "Did you just kiss me to shut me up?" He looked off to the side "I wouldn't phrase it like that, I kissed you to stop you from rambling, after all, you weren't wrong to ask." He shrugged and looked back to me, I nodded slightly before asking "So you made a new years resolution in that moment but it's not to have a child?" He chuckled and nodded, moving us around so he could lean against the front of his car, still managing to keep his hands on me. "You don't have to guess." I hummed and glanced over to Nemuri and Hizashi to see them in the same position from before "I think we have a while." He chuckled and pulled me closer by wrapping his around my waist from behind. My back was against his chest so I leaned my head back on to his shoulder so I could see him.

"You wish to spend more time with me?" He glanced at me before looking off in front of him again "It's you who runs away from me." I leaned up slightly to kiss his jaw "You know I don't mean to, it's just I hear someone crying and-" He chuckled and I stopped myself from rambling, he turned his head and pressed a kiss against my head "I know, no need to explain. It's one of the reasons I love you, but it's also why I worry about you." I raised an eyebrow.

"You'd do anything to make someone happy, even putting yourself through something you don't want to... But I wouldn't change you, so I'll just be the big bad wolf that'll prevent you from seeing to others happiness at your own risk." He lightly jabbed his fingers into my sides, I squirmed slightly as I was ticklish. He chuckled and returned to just holding me. He let out a breath and almost whispered "I want to give all of me to you and our relationship... The good, the bad, and the ugly, but most of all, I want to give you my best." I just stared at him.

"That was beautiful Sho... My resolution sounds really stupid now!" He chuckled and pressed a kiss against my head "I'm sure it's not stupid." I let out a breath before mumbling "I want to better myself for not only you but our class and Eri." He hummed and looked in front of him. "Yeah, you were right, stupid." I looked down but he then continued "Because you can't get better." I put my hands on his to try and free myself but he then whispered "You're already the best at everything you do... And you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, along with Eri." I turned my head to hide my tears in his neck. He chuckled and entwined his fingers with mine.

I decided to say through my tears "It's not new years yet Sho." He hummed before whispering "I just can't wait to spend a whole year with you." I turned my head to look at him, he was looking at me.

"10." Was then yelled from the distance. I looked into Shota's eyes.

"9." He let out a breath and stood, moving me as he did.

"8." He turned us so I was stood, my legs against the front of his car.

"7." He then moved his hands away from my hips and onto the bonnet of his car.

"6."

"I don't wish to show my love to you because tradition asks me to."

"5."

"I want to show you that I love you, for just that..."

"4."

"Because no matter where we are, or what time it is..."

"3."

"I will always love you Y/nn"

"2."

I began to cry more but managed to say "I love you too Sho!"

"1."

He pressed his lips against mine and I closed my eyes as I responded to the kiss.

"Happy new year!"

[ Edited : 02/05/2024 ]