Life

Miracle G

"Mommy" I heard a soft voice in my ear.

I slowly opened my eyes to see my five year old Alyssa standing beside my bed side. She had her arms resting on her stomach as she held her hands together.

"Yes baby?" I said sitting up in the bed. I was hoping it wasn't another nightmare but deep down inside I knew it was.

Alyssa and August Jr was traumatized from a few years ago. Each of their pinky toes was cut off and sent to me in a package from the FedEx man. I didn't love them any differently. I still treated them the same.

"He came back" She said burying her face in my chest.

My chest was now wet from her tears. She held me close not letting me go. I wouldn't let her go. I couldn't let her go. I didn't even want her to start Kindergarten this August. I was scared that she would get taken from me again.

"Baby he isn't going to hurt you anymore. Remember what mommy tells you what to do when you get scared?" I asked looking down in her brown eyes.

She nodded her head "Yes" and she began to wipe her face. "What do we do when we get scared?"

"We pray" She said in a low tone.

I held her in my arms and I began to rock her hoping that would calm her down. "Let's close our eyes and talk to God"

"Dear Father In Heaven, please protect my mommy, my daddy, and my brother and sister's from that big bad man" She said.

"What about your Auntie Tank and Uncle Bre?" I asked opening my eyes.

"Oh yeah, and Auntie Tank and Uncle Bre too. God can you bring them together so they can be boyfriend and girlfriend. Amen" She said giggling.

I looked down at her eyeing her. She was really silly and she got that from me. I couldn't help but to giggle with her.

Since Tank and Bre came in the picture they stepped in tremendously. They came over basically every day and the kids loved them.

"I'm going to tell Auntie Tank what you said in your prayer" I asked pinching her cheek.

"Mommy! Stoppp!" She said loudly trying to push my hands away.

She buried her face into my chest again. She was such a mama's girl after the years passed. I thought we would never be close because of the closeness she had with August when they were babies.

"Please don't tell her" She said looking up at me with pleading eyes.

I wasn't going to tell her because eventually I knew her prayer would become reality.

"Let's go back to sleep" I said rubbing her back. It always soothed her and made her go straight back to sleep.

"I wonder what daddy is doing" She mumbled falling asleep in my arms.

It pained my heart deeply to know she thought of her daddy daily. She drew him flowers and hearts and put his name on it. She would give them drawings to me so I could send it to him but I couldn't.

When they took August that day in Hawaii that was last time I had contact with him. No one could find but I knew he was due to get out soon.

It was sad that I had to place her drawings in a box in the back of my closet with August name on it. My mind begin to wonder off somewhere else. Before you know it I had fallen asleep with Alyssa glued to my body never letting go.

In the morning I was up by 8 am. When I woke up I had a bed full of kids as usual. The tv was blasting Disney Channel. Auggy was lying on the floor on his stomach with his eyes glued to the tv eating a big bowl of captain crunch.