006|| Compromised

Marcus Quill, my father. The man who used to hate every fibor of my being was looking at me with regret in his eyes after i had called him out for his shit, but i wasn't done yet.

"You Beat me, Every single day, you blamed me for my mothers own death. And you have the Audacity to hug me and call me your daughter?" I ask, tears stinging my eyes as they built up in my eyes. Marcus was silent as he listened, his eyes still sad and regretful.

"You stood there as i burnt my hands and cut my fingers open trying to cook for you!" I yell at him, my voice beginning to raise as I walked towards him, shoving soldiers hands off me as he slowly backed up. He was still calm, letting me scream at him.

"You, My own father. Who was supposed to protect and love me showed me nothing but hate!"

"Mockingjay calm down. your going to start something" Ghost's voice rang in my ears but i didnt stop.

"All i wanted was your approval! And all I got was hate!" I screamed.

"Dad...?"

I froze, my breath catching in my throat and turned around slowly, locking eyes with a seven year old girl, She had my fathers eyes.. her skin was clean of bruises and she looked at my father with nothing but concern.

"Yes Lily?" Marcus answered, his voice shaking the slightest bit.

"is that a fucking child Soap? I'm seeing this right?"

"Yea you are Ghost, Mockingjay get out of there now." Soap ordered.

"Who is she? And why is she yelling at you?" The little girl asked.

White hot rage made me turn and punch my father in the face, making him fall backwards and land on his ass. holding his now broken,bleeding, nose, putting his hand up when a few soldiers aimed their rifles at me.

"Do not fire!" he ordered looking up at me in shock, regret still shining in his blue eyes.

I was breathing heavy as Lily ran past me "Papa!" she yelled in worry as she went to his side.

I watched as he reassured her that he was okay and looked at me.

"I deserved that" he commented with a awkward laugh.

"I'm going in there"

panic flashed through my mind "Ghost wait don't! there is a child in here!" i quickly said into my radio and Marcus's eyes widened a bit, though he didn't seem surprised.

All hell broke loose when a grenade was thrown through the window. I dived for my assuming half sister and picked her up, shielding her with my body as the grenade exploded, sending scraps of shrapnel into my back. I gasped out in pain looking around for my father who had taken cover behind a pillar.

"Mockingjay what are you doing!? Let go of the child now!" Ghost yelled

"Fuck you! you almost fucking killed her!" i screamed back as I picked her up, stumbling from the pain in my back. I felt a bullet graze my side as I turned. Searing pain blooming from the wound

"Is you two okay?!" Marcus yelled. looking in my direction. i stared at him.

"Lily is fine" i answered. she was gripping my vest and sobbing into my chest, I could feel her shaking in fear as I dived behind the same pillar as Marcus to avoid gunfire.

"I need reinforcements immediately! We have been ambushed!" Marcus yelled into a radio. he then looked at me.

"You were bait weren't you?" he asked, He held no anger in his eyes only hurt and understanding. I looked away and nodded a little bit.