3-12: Plans for the Future (Spider 60)

Depuis le début

Fei: <Wait! Seriously!?>

<Don't panic, you are plenty strong now, I doubt anything in the Upper Stratum can pose a real threat to you. And besides, I am planning to up the defences of our homebase before evolving.>

Ever since we took Fei under our protection, we have been sleeping less and less to keep watch, building our [Exhaustion Resistance] quite a bit.

The only time we do sleep is when she is fully awake and ready to wake us to help her in an emergency, and those naps are light and short.

We are normally the defence, but we won't be able to wake up mid Evolution, which is why we will have to rely on our home security to protect us in the meantime.

We have been brainstorming some ideas for a while, in particular we are the most concerned about fire safety here.

But we can focus on that after dinner.

Karada: Catfish, catfish, catfish.

Majikku 1: It has been too long since we have eaten one.

Majikku 2-9: Catfish is life.

Fei: <Um, whoa, you are actually drooling.>

<Well duh, catfish is the best!>

Fei: <Heh, looking forward to it then.>

After the catfish cooled down, we cut a piece of it and handed it to Fei.

As soon as she bit down on it, we can see tears welling up in her eyes and begin leaking out.

Fei: <It's so good!>

<Told'ya.>

I 'spoke' as we ate a piece ourselves and began cutting up the entire catfish into serviceable portions.

As much as it hurts to do so, we let her eat most of the catfish. Nai wa.

Well, we can always catch another, so it's no big deal really.

Anyway, with dinner done, it's time for dessert.

We cut the fruit in half to share between us and Fei.

Karada: Bon appetit! Num...It's sweet! It's actually sweet!

Fei: <Now this is the stuff I have been craving for.>

Majikku 1: This is so sweet!

Majikku 2-9: I love it!

Even though it's dried and not very juicy, it is still so good.

Maybe not compared to the fruits we have eaten in our past life, but definitely leagues better than most things we have eaten so far in this life.

It might be worth risking going outside now without a Human form just so we can forage better food.

Actually, we should.

I am getting sick of this damn labyrinth anyway.

And I am sure we can at least run away from anyone who can pose a threat to us.

Alright then, let's set up the defences, then train to max out the last of our Stat Growth Skills, [Stronghold], and finally evolve.

Once we are done, we will head on out.

Looks like Fei is getting sleepy after such a satisfying meal.

We tucked her to bed as we got to work upgrading the homebase.