Chapter 22: Excuse Me?

Start from the beginning

Tanjiro grabbed your hands in his, Zenitsu letting out a small cry from beside him as he did so. "Where did you learn about Marechi (Y/N)?

"So you know what it is? Could you tell me?" Your curiosity was seeping out of you. You had to know why the Tree Demon had call you that. It would explain everything as to why the Demons on the mountain acted the way they did with you.

There was a clearing of the throat, and all of you turned to see Kocho waiting at the door along with Aoi. "I'll be sure to let (Y/N) know about what being a Marechi means, but she needs to have her daily check up now." Aoi made her way into the room as a crow flew in from an opened window. The crow landed on Kanao's shoulder and the rest of you knew that she was about to be called on a mission.

Dispersing from the room, you followed Aoi and Kocho to your room for your check up.

"Kocho-san-

"(Y/N), being a Marechi means your life is even more at risk when dealing with Demons." Kocho's words were swift and straight to the point. "It means that you have a special type of blood that acts like a drug to Demons.

Your mind went back to how the Demons on the mountain acted and stumbled around as if they were drunk and high. "But-"

Kocho cut you off once more. "But, there's a way around it where you could use it to your advantage.

That was good, this just meant that you had to be even more careful when going out on missions.

A sigh escaped from Kocho as Aoi finished up, leaving another cup of tea at your bedside table before leaving just the two of you in the room. "There's another Demon Slayer that would better in explaining it to you, however..." You were standing back up at this point, ready to move around some more after getting the 'ok' from Aoi and Kocho once again.

"The Demon Slayer doesn't have the best attitude and you probably wouldn't enjoy interacting with him. But I'll put a word in for you to see if he'll come by and talk to you."

You were already grateful for all the work and effort that Kocho had put into you. For healing you and giving you a job to do at the Butterfly estate. And even aiding you with more knowledge. "Kocho-sensei... thank you so much for all the help you've given me." Once more you let yourself give her a full ninety degree bow. 

"Oh my, no need to thank me (Y/N)." Despite what she said, you could tell from her voice that she was surprised and happy from the thanks you gave her. "Now, make sure not to take it too far in your training, wouldn't want you to be bed ridden again so soon."

Now you could only rub the back of your neck in embarrassment. It wasn't hard for others to tell that you were going to go back to training right away anyway.

~~~~~

It was only a few days later when you could hear someone stomping down one the the hallways.

Your body was finally all healed up and you felt more rested then ever, you were just waiting for your *kasugai crow to give you your first mission.

Wiping the sweat from your brow, you didn't even jump when the sound of the doors opened to the yard.

Turning to face the new person, you stopped yourself from recoiling at the sight of them before you. Their face and arms were adorned by many scars and it almost made you want to run up to them to see if there was any more that you could do to help with healing them.