Chapter Seven

Sophie snapped her fingers and the doors slammed shut, trapping them all inside. Many former Evers grabbed weapons off the wall before they all charged forward letting out battle cries. 

The former Nevers fought and Ivy tried to defend as many people as she could but it appeared her powers had changed with her. As she threw her hand out to stop an arrow it bursted instantly causing her to look down at her hands in horror. Fire shot up all around them and Ivy covered her face before jumping through it to the other side.

“You call yourself a prince, Teddy?” Hester taunted as she slammed him into the wall with a Phoenix before two princes grabbed her.

She struggled for a moment before her Phoenix merged back into her and she threw them across the floor. She gasped as spears headed straight towards her and she didn’t have enough time to defend herself. Ivy threw up both of her hands and ripped the weapons apart with a strained cry. Hester sent her a confused but thankful look as Anaidl laughed wildly before using her telekinesis to slam the boys into the ground.

Ivy ran to look for Hort and watched as a former Ever snuck up behind him. The blonde planted her feet firmly on the ground as she shouted, causing a shock wave, knocking many off their feet but more importantly distracting the former Ever. She ran forward and swiftly kicked him upside the head and knocked him out cold, Hort let out a laugh.

“You’re amazing.” He complimented and Ivy would have blushed had that not been in the middle of battle.

“What are you doing?” She instead asked but before he could answer they noticed Tedros making his way to Sophie.

“Coming!” Hort exclaims as he moves to protect her. He smacked the prince in the back of the head with a club before letting out a short laugh. “That felt wonderful. Been dying to do that all semester.”

“Tedros!” Agatha ran to check on him. “Oh, Tedros! No!”

Sophie suspended her in the air, preventing her from moving any further. “Back off, Aggie! This is my happy ending.”

“Hort, are you okay?” Ivy placed her hand on the boy’s arm as she looked him over for injuries.

“I’m fine, my love.” Hort chuckled before swinging at someone sneaking up behind her. “You?”

“I’m fine, just very confused.”

“About?”

“Everything!” Ivy exclaims, “Why are we all even fighting?”

Ivy blasted a former Never away as she and Hort fought together, not really having a common enemy. She gasped as Agatha was thrown out of the ballroom with the doors slamming shut behind her, Sophie flew into the air and turned into a raven before flying out the window. Tedros stumbled out after Agatha and Ivy continued to fight but it began to go from bad to worse.

The school began to rumble and fall apart. Everyone, Good and Evil alike, began to panic as they tried to save themselves. Hort covered Ivy’s head to protect her from falling pieces before they were both knocked down from behind. Hort held her closely and Ivy wrapped her arms around him tightly.

“I love you.” He told her, only loud enough for her to hear.

“I love you too.”

Everything went black and that was the last thing either of them heard. They could still feel the pain of marble and stone falling on top of them; they could still feel the pounding of their heads from hitting their heads. But they blocked out all other noise as they held onto those three words.

But slowly, the pieces began to lift and the castle began to put itself back together again. They all slowly started to stand, helping each other up regardless of their Never or Ever status, their clothes had changed again. Ivy’s dress was dark purple and her nails were no longer claws; their appearance was a mix between Nevers and Evers styles signifying their unity.