rewind┊⁰⁰⁰

꒰❝prologue; rewind❞꒱

"cough"

"cough"

"cough"

blood stained the blanket you were holding as another fit of coughs escaped your dry throat. it wasn't fair. you gritted your teeth in anger as you glared at the dull ceiling above you. this wasn't fair! you're lying here dying on your bed, while she's out enjoying everything life has to offer, what makes her different from you? why does she get all the love and affection while you're here on the brink of death? why? why? WHY? both of you were from earth! both of you got transported to this world; you even got here first! so why was she the saint and you weren't? for heaven's sake, you knew more than she ever did!

perhaps you were to blame for this; rather than waiting for something to happen, maybe you should have done something. for all you know, that might have been the only difference between the two of you; she did something while you just stood there waiting. your eyes welled with tears of regret as you slowly closed them, perhaps in another life it would have been you.

there once was a tale that talked about a wandering traveler, who set out on a journey to find his sister. thus, he began roaming the lands of teyvat in hope of finding a clue leading to her. despite not being able to find his sister, he did meet a lot of interesting individuals, two of which became his companions on his journey.

one was a flying creature of some sort, some called her a fairy, while others claimed she was a pixie. she acted like his guide, leading him from one nation to another.

the second was a foreseer of the future, as some would call her; she claimed to be from another universe, one where visions did not exist.

no one ever questioned her knowledge of the future, then again, no one really cared. adding to her ability of being able to see the future, the foreseer was also able to wield all the elements, akin to the traveler; which earned her the title of the saintess among the people of teyvat.

this was the story of a hero and a saint; two very different individuals that were brought together by fate.❞ ──── what a shame it was, that you didn't live to hear the end of the story.

hastily awoken by what seemed like a rush of adrenaline, you open your eyes to find yourself confused of your surroundings. you swiftly brought a hand to your face, confirming that you were, indeed, still alive— feeling better than ever; not an ounce of the pain you experienced present before you succumbed to your exhaustion. now realizing your situation, you stood and became wary of your surroundings, feeling a rather chilling atmosphere as your eyes darted at every corner you could see.

a shine caught your attention; the only thing that seemed to stand out in the darkness. with cautious steps, you approached the object and found that it was merely a small jewel. scoffing in disappointment, although curious, you reached out and gently took the white jewel between your pointer and thumb, inspecting it with slight hesitation. the crystal transitions from white to a blood red; alarming you.

before you could throw the jewel away in panic, the void becomes a blinding white and you felt water enveloping your feet. with not a second wasted, you were pulled into the water with merciless force; and you managed to take one last breath before your head dipped into the clear liquid.

✧꒰nouvelle-꒱

✧꒰elysiasm-꒱

✧wc ꒰622꒱

✧edited ꒰✖꒱