Bhadre's Feeble State

Her little doe eyes blinked as she keenly observed a huge figure. His one eye was moon and the other was the sun. His forehead shone bright with warmth spread across. His shimmering red palms held Padma, Kaumodaki, Shankha and Sudarshana. His hairs softly brushed against his shoulder as he looked down to find Bhadra's eyes onto him.

He observed his beloved soulmate. Her little ears were too small to hold the Mandara flowers. Her face shone like soothing moonlight. She was so bright, her skin was the color of Chandana. Although she had mud all over her face and her dress, it rather looked like it adorned her beauty. Narayana pitied her ethereal body being treated with harshness.

He had to urge to take the little one into his arms and take her back to Vaikuntha. But if a God himself won't walk according to the destiny, how would the mortals?

Her eyes were filled with genuine tears. She was confused as to why she was softly sobbing, but to her innocent heart she took it as a bhakta meeting her lord whom she worshipped from her heart. Who's stories she listened to with a curiosity none could compare. She lowered her head in front of him with her little palms joined.

Bhadra - Pranaamam, Shri Narayana.

Her melodious voice was so soothing to Narayana's ears which he was so eager to hear. He chuckled with tears in his eyes.

Narayana - Pranaamam, Devi.

Warnikuli - You are too scared to meet my eyes. You know if you ever do, you'll be turned into ashes by me, Narayana!

The moment which was so pleasing to Narayana a second ago, now had turned into a wrathful one. His eyes turned back to crimson red as he looked down at Warnikuli.

Narayana - Your darkness blinds you to see the light, Warnikuli. What is my fault if such a human fails to behold me?

This taunt filled Warnikuli with more wrath.

Warnikuli - Failed?! You failed on the duty of being the TriLoka Deva! I am warning you. Like a coward you are, return back to Vaikuntha. You have no reason to be here by all means.

Warnikuli grabbed Bhadra by her hand and harshly pulled her to walk inside the house. But before Bhadra could step inside the house, Narayana's voice roared.

Narayana - DO NOT TOUCH HER, OR-

He stopped himself from uttering further words. Warnikuli shivered as she instantly released the grip on her hands with fear of his roar. But her ego urged her to grab the little one from the back of her neck and push her out of the house.

Warnikuli - Or what?!

She asked pulling the little one to stand up by her hair.

Narayana - I will chop your head off of your body!

Narayana roared with his eyes crimson red, he pulled out his weapon Sudarshana Chakra ahead.

Warnikuli - You must be unknown to my power, Idiot! Hence you talk rubbish but would have no nerve to perform such an act! But don't you forget, I would not let you go empty handed.

Narayana - The reason for your pride is your skill, your power, and control on this village. If I destroy this village, would you still be able to contain this ego?

Ramavarnan and the other villagers were taken aback with the words uttered by Mahavishnu. Little Bhadra stood up on her feet to face Narayana. With a little smile on her face she spoke.

Bhadra - Narayana, Prabhu! The eternal truth, how would it be fair to the village? I would let no collateral damage happen to the people of this village because of my mother's actions. Maate, apologize to Prabhu! He shall forgive you, it is not too late!

Warnikuli - You little moron! You dare to speak against me?

Narayana - Warnikuli! A parent should be ashamed when they stoop to the level of disrespecting thier child's rightful advice.

Warnikuli - Narayana!

She roared in anger. Little Bhadra walked her little footsteps closer to Narayana, she joined her hands in guilt as she fell down onto her knees.

Bhadra - Prabhu, forgive the sinful words spoken by my mother. I request you to go back to your abode, Vaikuntha. Please do not strike a war Shri Narayana!

Narayana was taken aback with those words. He blinked with tears in his eyes.

"Leave this early?"

Little Bhadra smiled in pain as she looked into his eyes. He closed his eyes, disappearing in a moment.

Villagers dispersed to thier own homes as Little Bhadra stood out of the house, staring at her mother to let her in.

Warnikuli - Leave. Leave my house. You are a disappointment. A bad omen. If I see you anywhere near, I will take away your life!

Shivers passed down the spine of the little one as she slowly stepped away from her house. Her mother's words played on a loop inside her head. Her little steps took her to a place unknown. As soon as she realized her surrounding, she was standing in the middle of the forest.

"It is past sunset! Father told me I shall never step even near this forest after dawn. I shall run back home! But mother is angry at me... I shall go to my Sakhi! Would that be appropriate to visit her this late? Would the king accept me into the kingdom? Wouldn't he question my parents? It would bring them such a shame. What if the king takes away thier power! Such a sin can never happen by my hands. I will protect myself in this forest till dusk."

Little Bhadra clenched her fists as she walked around the forest, trying to find a place safe to rest. She heard wolves howl, footsteps around, but she was determined to find a place as soon as possible more than a fear of getting attacked.

"Bhadre..?"

~~~~~~

<<PREVIEW>>

Hridev - Oh while I lay on the ground and rest for some time, could you find me some food?

Bhadra clenched her eyebrows as she broke the stick in her hand.

Bhadra - If you want food, you find it for yourself.

Her stern voice made Hridev chuckle.

~~~~~~

EIGHTEEN YEARS LATER

....