"Even Kakashi-Sensei?" Y/N asked and Pakkun nodded. Sakura looked at the dog. "H-how are you still here then..?" She asked. "I'm going to disappear soon enough. Back to the summoning realm." Pakkun said, and as soon as he said that, he poofed into smoke. Y/N and Sakura turn to the destroyed village. "I.. I was going to become Hokage.." Y/N said, choking back a sob.

Y/N starts hyperventilating and Sakura widens her eyes. "Y/N focus on me, breath in. Yes good, and out. Keep doing that, feel my heartbeat." Sakura said, placing Y/N's hand over her chest, letting the girl feel her slight rapid beating heart. Y/N calms down and looks at Sakura.

"W-We need to get out of here.." Y/N said and Sakura nodded, before looking down at Sasuke. "Let's bury him. Properly." Sakura said, looking over the cliff they were standing on to look over Konoha. They dig a hole for a while with their hands, avoiding looking at the leaf village. Sakura managed to find a thin stone and carved out words on it.

Y/N takes off Sasuke's headband and pockets it. Sakura digs the gravestone into the ground lightly and they look at their dead friend. Y/N watches as Sakura breaks down a tree with a lone Katana from one of the dead shinobi they found in the forest.

She makes a decently but ragged coffin and they slowly place Sasuke inside it before grunting and lowering him into the ground. Y/N and Sakura put all the dirt back and Y/N pats it down with her dirty and bloody hands. They sat on their knees infront of Sasuke's gravestone, staring with wide eyes that tears flow freely from.

Here lies, Uchiha Sasuke.
A friend, a teammate, a brother, a son and an amazing Shinobi.

Underneath the writing, was an Uchiha symbol that Sakura managed to carve in. "L-lets go.." Sakura said, standing up and looking down at the girl. and Y/N waited a minute, before standing and turning to the village. "We have to escape through the village." Y/N said and Sakura nodded in agreement.

"There's snake summons roaming. Be careful. Get scrolls, weapons and anything you can carry. We need the village secrets. Anything to make sure any other village can't get." Sakura informed and Y/N sighed, grabbing the five sealing scrolls Sakura handed her and pocketed them. "Meet at the village gates, throw a flare if your in danger." Y/N said and Sakura nodded.

Kakashi had given them emergency flares to throw if any of the team was in danger. Sakura weakly smiled at Y/N. "See you on the other side?" She said, gesturing to the other side of the village where the giant gate was. Y/N weakly grinned back. "See you on the other side." She said, and they jump down.

Y/N sneaked around, avoiding any rubble as she tip toed down alleyways and other paths, masking her chakra. She robbed houses, clan compounds, weapon stores and ninja ration stores. Anything necessary. She made it to her apartment and grabbed any photos, memories, clothes, anything.

She frowned, looking at the photo of Team 7 before sealing it and jumping off her balcony. She pocketed her 5 full scrolls and her eyes widen, seeing a flare. She sent chakra to her feet and sped over as Sakura pocketed her 5 full scrolls, holding the Katana infront of her shakily, staring at the 3 giant snake summons. She picked up Sakura, who shifted around so she's on Y/N's back and the knucklehead Ninja glared.

"Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu!" She said, and about 200 clones appeared. "Let's go!" Y/N said and she jumped on a building. Sakura hopped down and they ran across buildings. A snake appeared and strikes. They dodge the hit as rubble falls from the building.

"Almost there!" Y/N said, and they run past the village gates, jumping into the trees to avoid the giant snakes. They felt like they were running for hours on end. Y/N looked behind her and the snakes were far gone, but that didn't stop them. "Where's the closest small village?" Y/N asked and Sakura grunted, vaulting over a branch. "I estimate about 2 hours!" Sakura replied and Y/N nodded.

The hits from the Sand Shuriken were starting to take effect but Y/N doesn't stop. They made it to the small village after 2 hours and they leaned on each other for support. Y/N threw Sakura's arm over her shoulder and wrapped an arm around her waist as they walked into the village, looking like they escaped some sort of War.

"Let's find.. a hotel." Sakura panted and Y/N nodded in agreement, panting too. They managed to catch their breath, their muscles screaming in protest as they continued to walk through the village. Suddenly, shouts from a nearby hot springs makes Y/N and Sakura jolt in surprise. They look over and see a bunch of girls, angrily chasing.. Pervy sage??

Y/N widens her eyes and both injured girls follow him into an alleyway. "Oi! Pervy-Sage!" She shouted and Jiraiya grew an irk mark. "HOW MANY TIMES Y/N I-!" He swivelled around from his hiding spot, only to see the injured genins, looking like they would fall over from a gust of wind. "Pervy sage.." Y/N smiled and Jiraiya ran over, crouching in-front of both Genins.

"H-Hey! Y/N! What- What Happened?!" Jiraiya asked. Sakura and Y/N fall to their knees and cry. Jiraiya embraces the, both. They cried their hearts out in the small alleyway Jiraiya was hiding in. "K-Konoha was d-destroyed!" Y/N stuttered, choking on her sobs. "E-everyone is dead!" Sakura said and Jiraiya gasped in shock before hitting his teeth.

"Come on. Let's get you both healed up and cleaned up." Jiraiya said, and they shakily nodded, getting to their feet and supporting one and other again. They got stares of pity and confusion as they walk through the small town. Jiraiya leads them to a hotel room.

"You have spare clothes?" Jiraiya asked the two Genin. They nod and Jiraiya gave them some privacy as they showered and got changed. Jiraiya had a serious conversation with his toads as Y/N stares at the shower wall. She scrubs of all the blood and grime off her before getting changed into a pair of shorts and a shirt.

She exits the bathroom and sits on the bed, her legs up to her chest as she stares blankly at the wall in front of her. Sakura sits next to her and puts her head on Y/N's shoulder, doing the same. They basked in the comfort they try to give eachother after they just lost their family, friends, home.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

1921 words

How sad..

How was this chapter? Tell me in the comments!

Have a good day/night & Happy New Year! ~ Author.