Falling gently into the grass, Daisy stared at her rescuers with confusion. The spiders squeaked and scrambled away. A shadow was being cast on her. The butterfly turned around...and saw Fang standing there, a look of relief in his eyes. "Daisy..." he breathed, cradling her in his arms. "Are you ok? Did that loser hurt you?"

"No, Fang. I'm fine," she said. "But I think this town is getting a bit too rough for me."

The wolf spider laughed. "Yeah, we should probably get out of here."

A bee had flown up. "Daisy," he panted. "Our queen has assigned a safe place for you to hide from Mist while we're fighting with him. It's right this way!"

Fang and Daisy followed him as best as they were able, holding hands. Another bee flew up. "Sarge, there's too many of them!" he gasped. "We're being overrun!"

"Fall back!" the other bee said. "We've got the butterfly! We just need to make it to the safe house! Tell the others! Quickly!"

They continued running onwards. A few ants had even gathered themselves around Daisy and Fang, spears at the ready. The spider seemed deeply sad. "This is all my fault, Daisy..." he said. "If only I hadn't gotten drunk today! I don't expect you to forgive me, but at least let me help."

The butterfly furrowed her brow. "Fang, you are helping. It's not your fault. It's that wicked Mist who's doing this to us!" Fang didn't seem convinced.

"But...why were you drinking, anyway?"

Fang's eyes filled with tears. Before he could answer, Sage came barreling out of the grass. The ant soldiers raised their spears. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" the grasshopper shrieked. "Easy, guys! I'm with you!"

Daisy ran over and hugged Sage. "Thank goodness you're alright!" she said. "We need to go hide, Sage. Mist will surely come after us once he realizes I'm missing from the rooftop."

As the bugs hurried along, Fang was deep in thought. He asked one of the ants, "Do you happen to know where those yellow jackets came from?"

"Yes, from that birch tree over yonder..." the ant replied. "But there's far too many of them. And besides, without a back-up plan, we have no choice but to take shelter."

Fang's face lit up. "That's it!" he exclaimed. Turning to Sage, the spider said, "I have an idea. Listen good, grasshopper. I need you to do something for me."

Sage gulped. "I hate my life..." he whimpered.

"Well, I hate your life too..." Fang grumbled. "Listen. Do you happen to know where any matches and kerosene are?"