Chapter 12: Tranquil Breakfast Hour

Start from the beginning

The ender prince just grumbled in response as he looked down at what the blonde was doing. Sizzling on the pan is what Ranboo recognized as pancakes. Except these ones were shaped as little stars and hearts. They also had dark dots in them, which seemed odd since the pancakes that Shubble makes have no dots in them.

"What are those?" inquired Ranboo, pointing at the mini pan.

"Pancakes?" replied Tommy.

"No, what is IN the pancake? Those dots" corrected Ranboo, with furrowed brows.

"Oh, sweet berries that Techno gave me. He said he didn't need them so he gave me a jar of them" stated Tommy, gesturing to a decorative jar nearby.

"I see. Do they taste good that way?" hummed Ranboo, as he reached for the jar.

"I think so. They may not be as great as Shubble's or Crowfather's since I'm making them but they seem to have woken you up so they must be decent" claimed Tommy, as he picked a star pancake from the plate nearby.

Ranboo shrugged as he looked over the jar of sweet berries while snuck a few of the pancakes. There were various colors of berries inside going from bright red to inky black. The jar itself was transparent and had a star shape blown into it. The lid was a slip of orange parchment paper that was decorated with small white carrots and was being held down an elastic band. He was tempted to take it off and play with it but he felt he had more dignity than that so he placed the jar back down. Instead he reached for the plate of small pancakes and took it.

"Oi!" exclaimed Tommy, as the enderian walked away with the plate.

"I'm hungry," muttered the prince, as he wandered over to the window seat

"I know but you can't have that entire stack to yourself" remarked the blonde.

"Well then come over here and share them with me. They'll be gone if you just stand there and complain, '' suggested Ranboo, as he popped two star-shaped pancakes into his mouth.

The avian puffed out his wings & cheeks before making his way over to where the dark haired prince sat. He sat next to him and grabbed a small handful of pancakes to stuff into his face. The duo didn't talk much while eating, just enjoying each other's presence. Though they had spent most of their time together and surprisingly hadn't gotten tired of being around one another yet. Ranboo had temporarily been staying in Tommy's house since neither of them were probably gonna be able to travel between each others' homes when the snow hit. Tommy's feathers weren't thickened out enough to conserve heat and Ranboo just did feel like dealing with the inconvenience of melted snow on his nice clothes. Plus the cottage was cozier than the enderian's cave. Along with being more livelier with the chickens & rabbits running in & out about from the pet flap. The soft music that he heard from early was playing from a small radio sitting on the counter. It was quite an upbeat tune and seemed to be being played on a piano. Very fitting for the late morning vibes that they were enjoying.

~

A small passage of time went by before the plate of pancakes were gone. The blonde avian had placed it into the sink before moving over to the counter where all the baking supplies were. The ender prince was already scanning through the book while trying to identify which ingredient was which.

"So we are starting with a van-illa cake? It seems quite basic for a wedding" grumbled Ranboo, as he picked up the small glass of extract.

"Again, we are only practicing with small ones right now. We'll work on the big one when we have the basics down. No point in making a big cake that tastes and looks like shit" remarked Tommy, as he turned the books towards himself.

"I guess that makes sense, then I shall be the one to make it,'' shrugged Ranboo, as reaching for one of the bowls.

"Really? It's gonna be a messy process" questioned Tommy, lifting a brow.

"These 'practice sessions' are going to be messy anyways, I might as well get used to it," commented Ranboo.

"Plus I can tell if the cake is top quality or tastes like dirt," he added.

"Tastes like shit" Tommy corrected.

"Taste of dirt" confirmed Ranboo.

"Shit sounds like a better way of putting it" hummed Tommy.

"Dirt sounds less vulgar," claimed Ranboo.

"But you've said it before" stated Tommy.

"That was because I was in the heat of the moment, though you could also be rubbing off on me" remarked Ranboo, rubbing his chin

"Well I'm going to be rubbing off on you more in this marriage of ours" declared Tommy, his wings spreading out proudly.

"By her Excellence, I hope not" sighed the ender prince.

The blonde gave a smug smile before looking down at the book in front of him. He turned it around to where the duo could see it together. The enderian nodded in thanks before reading off the recipe so things could get started.