Chapter 2: First meeting

Hello again! Thank you for continuing to read my story. I really appreciate it. 🥰🥰
°
°
°

Tanner's POV
-------------------
Ok... This guy is goss. The man I'm sitting next to on the plane has the most revolting smell that has ever seen the light of day. And he was sleeping. And not just sleeping, but sleeping on me. So by the time I get off of the plane, I'll smell like a rat's ass. Isn't that just dandy! I swear to god I'm going to jump out of this plane! I can't be smelly for my first impression. What if they're super clean freaks? They'll make me sleep outside for sure.

I snap out of my thoughts as some sudden turbulence hits. I continue to be disgusted by my co-passenger until I need to use the restroom. I take this opportunity to take a look at my other passengers. I wonder why they're going to Alabama. They all look so formal. But then again, I'm going and I look like a fucking detective with my trench coat so who am I to talk?

After sitting next to the most abominable thing on Earth for nearly five hours, we finally land. It's around 3pm and I'm trying to find motel. It's surprising how few people there are walking on the sidewalk. Or- whatever this is. I walk along the farthest end of the road that I possibly can. How do people do this all of their life? This is basically the most dangerous thing I can think of! There's not even any concrete roads here! All dirt!

I mean- how do you keep your car clean? You must have to do some voodoo-witchy-shit. Seeing how different this place was really showed me how different things are going to be for me here. I'd never once even seen a cow in person- let alone a whole shit load!

After a few more miles of walking, I come across a motel. FINALLYYYYY!!! I rush in, eager to get a shower and sleep.

After checking in at the front desk, I head up to my room with my suitcase. Once I open the door, I realize how small it is. It's a light brown room with white curtains and dark brown accents. It has one bed with a few stains on the sheets. One small flat screen TV on top of a wooden dresser along with a microwave and a coffee machine beside it. The bathroom has a small shower with a little curtain. In other words, "not what I'm used to". Nonetheless, I preserver and make do with what I have.

Once I'm done unpacking my things, I grab my toiletries and get ready to take a shower. It was a little hard to actually clean myself since it was so cramped in that damn shower. I still got the job done and came out as clean as I could. Once I'd dried myself off and gotten dressed into some comfortable clothes, I walked out of the restroom and sat on top of the bed. I chanel-surfed for a while until I found a reasonable chanel out of the 5 that were there.

After watching this new show for a little while, I drifted off and fell asleep.

I woke up to my alarm at about 7am. It gave me enough time to get ready and wake up before a met my new temporary roomies. Once I had my coffee I got ready for the new shit storm. I mean- day. After making sure I had all of my things and taking a final look in the mirror, I started out the door and began my journey. I returned my key to the room and went on my merry way. I used my phone for directions on how to get to their ranch. It took me a hot minute, but I eventually found myself on what I hope to be their doorstep.

I take a leap of faith and knock on the door. It takes a moment but I hear a quick pitter-patter of feet heading to door and it swings open. I see a small girl with long wavy brown hair and green eyes greet me with a wide grin plastered on her face. "You must be that fancy New York reporter man! Please, come in." She makes way for me to enter the house an I nod my head as I pass by her. It's actually not to bad in here. Definitely better than the motel I was just staying in that's for sure.

"Excuse me young miss, but are there any adults present at the moment?" She nods her head and sprints down the hall. I stand alone where she left me and decide to take in my surroundings. Right in front of me is a kitchen with a small dinning table. It has 3 sitting spaces with a white table cloth to cover it.

I turn to my right and spot ab archway that leads to what I believe to be the living room. There's no TV from what I can see but there in a small couch with a radio sitting on a coffee table. There's some thin white curtains covering a large window that's basically the size of the wall. I was just about to turn around to speculate some more but I stop when I see a.. hot cowboy?

A tall muscular man is led in by the girl I had seen earlier. He has short black hair with the same emerald green eyes as the girl. He's wearing a thin white flannel that clings to his toned body. The sleeves are rolled up to wear they perfectly portray bit biceps. He's wearing dark blue jeans that wrap around his thighs just right. He was wearing steal-toed brown work boots with black laces. In other words THIS GUY WAS FUCKING HOT!!

Omgomgomgomgomg!! I can't breathe! Who is this beautiful hunk of a man? I don't think I'll be able to function properly to write my report for the story if he's gonna be here the whole time!
___________________
(Gay panic hahahaha)
-------------------

"Um hello? Are you alright sir?" I snap back to reality when I hear his voice. "Oh um- uh- yeah. I'm good." My body stiffens when I try to talk to him. Why can't I just talk normally!? I give him a half-assed smile and he seems to relax his concern.

Gaten's POV
------------------
The reporter suddenly turns completely red. His entire body is practically steaming. I run over to see if he's alright. "Sir!? Sir, are you alright!? Sir!" No reaction. I begin to shake him a little, trying to wake him from his trance. "Um hello? Are you alright sir?" He finally blinks and realizes what realm he's in. "Oh um- uh- yeah. I'm okay."

It's not very convincing,but at least he's regained consciousness. I let a small smile rest on my face and release my grip from his shoulders. Well that was certainly an eventful first meeting. Hopefully that doesn't happen very often. It could be a real problem. Now that I'm this close to him I can take I what he looks like.

He's a little shorter that me with darker hair. He has icy blue eyes that peek through his long-ish hair. He's wearing a gray T-shirt with some baggy dark blue jeans. With his tiny stature he has to look up at me and it's kinda cute to be honest. He looks like he realizes something and he turns just as red as he was before. His eyes widen and he looks like he's eating his lips as he tucks them in and bites down to keep them there. He seems flustered. Why thought?

"Hey are you alright? You don't need to be nervous. I don't bite." I give him a warm and welcoming smile, trying to calm him down. It didn't really seem to work as his reaction was flattening and fainting.

-------------------------------

That's all for this chapter everyone! I hope you enjoyed and continue on to the next chapter. I love you very very much and hope you read some of my other stories! 💕💕

-1343 words!!! Ahhhhh!