Chapter 1: The Beginning

Ok so fist of all- thank you for clicking on this story!! It's my first one and I would love to here some constructive criticism.
                                    .
                                    .
                                    .
Gaten's POV
------------------
It's morning. I know that because of the rooster's cous and the warmth of the sun's morning rays hitting my face. As per usual, I get up, get dressed, then go downstairs. I turn on the radio for some tunes and begin to make breakfast. First, I head out to the chicken coop with my basket to get the week's s eggs. Then once I set those on the counter inside, I go out to get some milk from our cow.

Once the bucket's near full, I take it inside and set it on the counter as well. I grab a bowl from the cabinet and set it on the counter. I take some eggs and crack then into the bowl. Once I've gotten a good amount of eggs in the bowl, I had just a tad of milk to it. I grad a whisk from the drawer and start whipping the eggs and milk. Once all of the yolks are broken and there are no clumps, I grab a pan from the bottom cupboard and place it on the stove. I grab a match and light it before turning on the knob to release the propane. Once the stove's lit, I grab some butter from the fridge and use a spatula to smear it on the pan.

I grab the bowl and pour the mixture into the pan. Then I hear the creek of footsteps coming down from the staircase. I recognize the rythum of my youngest sister's footsteps as she makes her way to the kitchen. "G'morning, sleep well?" I say as she goes to the fridge. "Yeah, what about you?" She replies, in her demonic morning voice. "Quite well in fact! After yesterday's dinner I fell asleep as soon as I lay down." She walks over with a pack of bacon and sets it on the other side of the counter.

"Sounds good. I had another nightmare but it didn't end in me dieing, so-" she shugs and lifts up her arms before giving me a defeated look. "Why didn't you come to my room? You could've talked to me about it y'know." "Yeah but I really didn't feel all to scared after and almost immediately fell back asleep. I don't really remember it either." She tore open the bacon pack and grabbed another pan to place on the stove. I lit the flame under the pan and went back to my eggs.

"Well if you do, please tell me alright? I wanna make sure you're ok." I say as she places bacon on her pan. After placing her bacon, she went over to the drawer and grabbed the tongs. She came back and managed over the bacon again. "Alright, I will." The conversation end and after a little while, the eggs are done so I turn off the burner and grab a large plate to scoop the eggs onto. After that, my younger brother comes downstairs

"Mmmm~ bacon" he says in a sleepy tone. *It's almost done!" says Bethanne as she checks the bacon to see if they're ready. "Great! I'm starving!" Bethanne rolls her eyes. "Yeah yeah, just sit down Connor." He did as told and sat in his seat at the dinning table.

Once everything was done and I plated the food, we all sat down to eat. We didn't have much conversation for a while. That was until I went and got the mail.

" Dear Thomsons,

It is my pleasure to inform you that one of our writers from 'New York Times' will be making a document on you lives on a farm! In specific, Mr. Tanner will be the reporter to write the document. He is one of our most skilled workers and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. He will be living with you all for as long as it takes to get all of the information he needs. He will be starting his report in the next few days. We will pay you $50,000 dollars every three weeks that he might stay there. You will find that there's already $50,000 in this envelope. Use it however you wish. We look forward to working with you.

- New York Times"

We all sat in awe at the letter. $50,000!! How does someone even get that kind of money!? And every three weeks! That'll be enough money to feed us 'till winter!

I snap out of my thoughts as I hear the loudest squel known to man. It's Connor. Bethanne just sits there with her mouth agape. I'm pretty sure they're broken. I mean- this is a lot of money! City folk are crazy. They got to be if they can just throw around this kind of money. Finally, Someone says something. "So.. where's he gonna sleep?" Asks Beth. I place my hand on my chin in thought. "Well, what about the attic?" Beth shakes her head vigorously. "No way! That place has spiders! I'm not setting up a bed in there!" "Yeah, not gonna happen." Connor agrees "Well then he'll sleep in my room with me."  They both nod their heads and we begin to clean the table.

After we're done clearing the table and putting dishes in the sink, we all head out to do our morning chores. Connor goes to feed the chickens and pigs. Beth feeds and grooms the cows and horses. And I feed and groom the sheep. I wonder what that Tanner guy is doing right now. Probably packing for his trip over here.

Tanner's POV
-------------------
HOLY FUCCKKKKK!!

I HAVE TO STAY ON A FARM FOR AN UNKNOWN AMOUNT OF TIME, AND I WON'T BE ABLE TO USE WIFI! Why is this happening to me!? I don't deserve this kind of cruel punishment. I deserve to go on the trip to Hawaii not Carter! I've been doing this job for 7 years. That seven more than Carter. But I don't get anything! I swear I'm gonna quit.

I grab my clothes that I think will be best suited for the hot weather and stuff them in my suitcase. Then I grab my toiletries and put them in another compartment of my suitcase. Once I get any other things that I find I might need to stay sane for this trip, I grab my suitcase and head out. As I'm walking to the airport-because there's to much traffic to drive- I push through the crowd of people. God knows how much my ribs were squished. Once I had finally made it to the airport, I let it sink in that my life was gonna be changed from here on out.

----------------------------------

Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoyed and please let me know if you feel like I should add anything or fix anything.

-1134 words!! Yay!!