Which I totally understand, under the circumstances of someone breaking into my house. He cares, but he doesn't. He's hard to read. He has not one single identifiable emotion on his pretty face but yet he cares.

The way he's moving closer says it all.

The way his breath lingers on my lips.

The way his heart is beating as fast as mine.

No, he doesn't just care.

He's in love.

And he doesn't know how to show it.

But that's okay because I don't either. But maybe, just maybe, my actions can speak louder than words.

I wrapped my arms around his large frame, sure it was hard. He's a big guy and compared to him, he must think I'm so tiny and fragile, especially since his large hands are resting so carefully on to my back as he leans down more just enough for me to fully embrace him.

This entire time our eyes haven't left each other, not once. I'm supposed to be angry at him dammit. Fuck my emotions.

But I shouldn't be worried about that now. What would have happened if I hadn't met him? Would I have died? Or would he?

3 MONTHS BEFORE
WEDNESDAY
MARCH 12TH, 20XX
JOTARO'S POV
4:33 PM

"KUJO! MY FAVORITE GRANDSON!" I scoffed at him. "I'm your only grandson old man." I grumbled at him and pushed his arm away from my shoulder while taking a puff of my cigarette. He chuckled. "You're gonna have cancer by the time you're 30, son. Anyways I called you here cause I want you to do something for me."

     I grumbled. "What is it? And hurry cause I've got shit to do today." Again, the old man laughed. "Sure. Now look at this." He slid a file to me across the table and I opened it.

𝙽𝙰𝙼𝙴: 𝙷𝙸𝚁𝙾𝚂𝙷𝙸 𝙺𝙰𝙸𝚃𝙾
𝙰𝙶𝙴: 𝟸𝟺
𝚁𝙰𝙲𝙴: 𝙹𝙰𝙿𝙰𝙽𝙴𝚂𝙴
𝚂𝙴𝚇: 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙴

     "I NEED YOU TO deal with him for me. He's been skipping out on some...payments. Also there's this girl, he's been dating her for some time now and she's apparently got something that every mafia is trying to get their hands on right now. He's gonna kill her just to get it." I quirked a brow. "What is it?" Joseph smirked. "It's a hard drive. Our dear old friend Rin made it. There's things in there about every mafia and person in the mafia known to man." "Why's he gonna kill her? Can't he just take it and be done with it?" Joseph leaned back in the chair. "He could, but that's not what they want. She could know some very important things. That's if she's look at it." I hummed and walked towards the door.  "So what do you want me to do about her?" "Nothing yet. I just want you to find out if she has it or not. If she does, we'll discuss matters of what to do next." I grunted before completely walking out of his office.

"What a pain in my fucking ass..."